Chapter 1: Into the Lion's Den

A/N: So this is the second Book of my "The True Heir of Salazar Slytherin" series, dealing with the first year. Now enjoy!

Soon their 11th birthday approached together with the eagerly awaited but at the same time dreaded letter inviting them to attend Hogwarts.

The only mentionable thing that happened until then was that the extended Wizengamot elected a new Minister of Magic a few weeks before the boys' birthdays.

Augusta resigned at the end of her five years long term, not wanting to go for another one and recommending Sirius as a competent successor with the same goals. In the end, Sirius won with a landslide victory.

Because of that, Dumbledore was optimistic that he would finally be able to dictate politics again. But Sirius quickly made clear that he would not have any of this. He was neither buyable (he was one of the wealthiest persons, after all) nor reacted to blackmailing in any other way than redirecting it to the DMLE. Over the years, he had distanced himself from the old man. Nothing would change this in the future or at any time.

It was now the morning of the 31st of July and Hadrian's eleventh birthday. Salazar precautionary put down the tracking-redirection wards the day before so that the Hogwarts letter could find his son undisturbedly. Neville already got his yesterday, and now Hadrian was excitedly waiting for his own.

At about ten in the morning, Hadrian was still asleep since he and Neville stayed up until after midnight to celebrate both birthdays when a barn owl swooped in through the open window and landed on the back of a chair, hooting softly.

Hedwig, who sat on her perch next to the window, looked at the other owl critically.

She never liked having foreign owls in Hadrian's room and only tolerated those she knew, like the ones from Gringotts or family and friends, which showed up quite regularly. Hedwig was very protective of her territory.

Once she had enough of the presence of the other owl and Hadrian showed no sign of waking up any time soon, she swooped down onto the bed and started to nibble at his ear. A few moments later, Hadrian began to wake up.

"Hedwig, whassup?" he mumbled. "'m tired. Le' me sleep."

The other owl hooted indignantly, and once Hadrian saw the barn owl waiting on the chair, any tiredness vanished instantly. He hopped out of his bed and ran over to get the letter.

As soon as the owl was relieved from its burden, it launched into the air and flew through the window, wanting to escape the snowy owl.

After untying the letter, he carefully looked at it. It was an envelope made of parchment, and the address was written in emerald green ink.

Mr H. Potter
The bedroom on the right, 1st floorPhoenix St. 6
London