Part 1

Ren slumped at his desk groaning at his laptop. It's past clock out when everyone mostly has gone home and he's still stuck at the office. even though he's been a software engineer for almost a year, there is still a lot he has to learn. He's one of the few interns that are still surviving since job recruitment. He has been looking forward to this promotion to full-time. he's been hoping this project could add bonus points to the performance review.

Ren got up from his chair and walked out of his cubicle. He glanced at the time and saw it was almost six already. He gave up on the server bug he tried to fix.

"It's a minor bug anyway," Ren said to himself. "I'll just try again tomorrow."

Ren made his way back to his cubicle and sat on his chair. He packs his laptop into his bag, ready to go home. Then, he notices the far most cubicle still has lights on. it's his supervisor's cubicle, miss Makima. She's a top graduate senior engineer and she's been in the company for over ten years now. she has a balanced play-work culture. She's quite strict on work but gives reward accordingly.

"You're still here?" Ren asked.

Makima turns her head and looks at Ren. "Yes, I'm still here. I have a bit of work left. you can go home if you want to."

Ren shook his head. "No, I'm good. I've been stuck at the office for almost a week now. I don't mind staying a little longer."

"Okay. I'll be done soon." Makima turned her back to Ren.

"Do you need anything?" Ren asked.

"Just coffee," Makima said.

Ren chuckled. "I can get you that. You know where the coffee machine is."

Ren would be lying if he said he was not into his boss. Makima is easily the top ten most attractive women on the engineering team. her red hair braided neatly suits her well. she's a tall woman with a nice height. But it's his boss, he literally have no chance.

"Thanks," Makima said.

Ren grabbed a cup of coffee for Makima. He walks toward her cubicle. he handed the coffee to Makima.

"You're a nice guy, Ren," Makima said

"You're a nice guy, Ren," Makima said. "thank you."

"You're welcome," Ren replied.

"I don't know why they haven't promoted you yet. you're so diligent. it's a shame you're still an intern."

"My performance review is in a few week. It'll decide my full-time promotion"

"I hope you get the position you want." Makima smiled.

"Me too," Ren said. "you have a good night, Miss Makima."

"You too, Ren."

Ren left the cubicle and walked out of the office. he went back to his cubicle and packed his laptop again. he thought this is one chance of a lifetime. The chance to ask makima for a dinner together. He's way too shy to ask her if there are too many people.