A Dream

Chapter 3:

I'm walking through a desert trying to find some water to hop quench my thirst. I couldn't continue any longer, I was swallowing my saliva just to have something moist run down my neck. After a while my saliva wasn't working. If I wanted to say alive I would have to get something to drink soon. All of a sudden in the distance I could see Aaron with a bottle of water waiting for me. I started walking towards him, and then I started hearing quick pops followed by gun shots. Scared as could be I hid behind a rock and crouched in ball. I twitched with every gun shots that I heard. Abruptly the gun shots stopped, I poked my head out and saw nothing just dead bloody bodies all over the place. I screamed bloody murder when I saw this. The first thing I thought of as Aaron. Tears started flowing down my rosy cheeks ads I was looking for Aaron but there was no luck. Eagerly looking, Melodie kept looking for him. She was starting to give up hope that she would never see him again. Coming across the last body she held her breath hoping and wishing that it wasn't him. She walked toward the body and right next to it was a canister full of water with Aaron's name on it. Tears filled her eyes when she realized that this probably was going to be his body. And sure enough it was Aaron. She burst into tears at the sight of seeing the love of her life lying in his own blood. She laid next to him with her head on his chest and she still cried.

Melodie woke up screaming her lungs out with sweat and tears gliding down her face. She never felt that much emotion before in her life. She quickly glanced the run and saw Aaron right by her side. He was shocked on how pail her face was. It honestly looked like she had just seen a ghost. Melodie wrapped her arms tightly around his neck and continued to cry her eyes out.

"What am I doing?" She thought to herself. "If he goes into the army I'm going to be lost without him. I can't let him go because I'm too scared of never seeing him again. But if he wants and feels this is what he needs to do, I guess I will try to be as strong and supportive as I can be but I don't know how long I will be able to hold on."

Aaron brushed his hand across her faces as the color was starting to come back, "Are you ok baby?" Melodie hesitated to answer for a minute. "Yes, I'm fine, no need to worry silly" she kissed his cheek as she got out of bed and headed to the bathroom.