Chapter 2

My mom left an hour ago, after telling me things I already know about Brenda and Theresa's bed time's and all her motherly rules. After she left Newt and I made the kids hotdogs and Kraft dinner before getting them ready for bed, we agreed Brenda will be the easiest to look because all she does is sleep. Newt and I were sitting in my room, were we will both sleep (because Rose and Theresa have my moms room and Brenda is sleeping in Theresa's). We were talking and getting a lot closer already. "So why do you have an accent and Rose doesn't?" I ask curiously, he looks down and says "we moved the US and wanted a change so my mom decided to adopt Rose". He is holding something back but I'm not one to pry. "Oh, well we should really get some sleep" I yawn, "I will sleep on the floor, give you the bed" I say before he can say otherwise. A sad look crosses his face as a go to get off my bed, he grabs my wrist "you could always stay up here....With me" he said that last part quite and I almost didn't hear it. Maybe I didn't.
(Newts POV)
As soon as the words fall out of my mouth I regret saying them, I mentally curse at myself for probably ruining any friendship Thomas and I could have had. Leave it to me to wreak everything. "Newt, do worry about it" can he read my mind? "And I would love to stay up here with you" he says in a sweet voice crawling under the covers. I shiver, getting cold out of nowhere and my heart beat quickens as he puts his strong arms around me."Are you cold Newt?" He asked sounding concerned "I'm fine now Tommy". I'm about to apologize for using a nickname when he says "Tommy, I like it". I can't help but smile as i start drifting off to sleep feeling safe in Tommy's arms.
~~~~(a/n)~~~~
If your still reading this can you give me some feed back?
And Thank You for reading