The Secret We Keep

Mario is walking in darkness. He doesn't know where he is or where he is going, but he doesn't have control over his body so it doesn't matter. The dark world he's in suddenly turns into a facility. It looks like a military base of sorts. He then sees something absolutely terrifying. There's blood on the floor, and a girl that looks like 6 (but wearing teal instead of purple and red) has a horrified look on her face. Blood is trickling down her face; it looks like someone slashed her forehead with a knife. Across from her is a gigantic fire with two glowing red eyes in the middle of it. The eyes match Niles's. Just as quickly as the scene appears, it vanishes.

  Mario wakes up scared and confused. Was that a vision of the future, or was it just a stupid nightmare meant to scare him? He gets up out of bed and begins to walk downstairs to the kitchen. Once he gets to the bottom of the stairs, Mario sees that 6 was awake as well. Did she have the same nightmare? Mario squints, trying to figure out what she's doing. It looks like 6 is talking. But to who? Mario steps closer, trying to stay as quiet as possible.

SMG6: "I don't know if I can do this. I know this job is life or death for my people, but he seems so nice. He let me stay here just like that! Oh but think of the consequences! If I don't get this done I'll be tortured and killed! Think 6, think!"

  Mario stands there confused. Her people? Tortured and killed? What is she talking about!?

SMG6: "Oh I know! I'll just stay here! Permanently! But wait, what about Audrey and 5? They'll come here eventually and drag me back home. Then Niles will find me and... I don't even want to finish that sentence! Why did I ever let him talk me into this!"

  Mario is shocked to say the least.

Mario: "Mario thought we killed Niles in the God Box! How could he be alive!?"

Mario immediately runs back upstairs.

SMG6: "Huh? Who's there?"

  No response.

  Mario doesn't know what to do.

Mario: "Does Mario tell 4 or does he just keep this information to himself? Who knows! Maybe 6 is talking about a different Niles!"

  He ultimately decides to not tell anyone. After all, from what he's heard SMG6 has gone through enough recently. She doesn't need to be confronted about something that might be false. Mario walks back to his bedroom and lays down, terrified for the future.