Day Two

"So, how was it?" 

I glance up at Andy from where I stare at a large map spread out in front of me across a coffee table. The hand drawn map outlines the different perimeters inside and outside of the Nokia theatre and is lined with dark black dots to indicate security cameras, all of which I had been drawing for the past hour. 

"How was what?"

"Your little date last night, did you do anything?"

I laugh, "I don't go on dates."

I ignore the rest of the question, returning to my activity of pointing at specific areas on the map, "...The last few security cameras are located here, here and here. Now to work the system you-"

"Come on Chris, tell me." Andy gets up off the couch on which he sits at the other side of the room and walks over to sit to my right, "Did you... you know?"

I push him away, "Dude this isn't funny. Now, I'm going to hook this whole monitoring system up to your phone so I'll need it for a while."

I turn to look at him. The mischievous smirk snaking up his cheek makes the side of his face crease like a dried prune.

"How far did you go with her?"

"Fuck off."

"So you took her home then?"

"Give me your phone." I reach out my hand but Andy leans away, shaking his head. In response I extend my hand further towards him, "Come on man I only have until 2:30."

Andy shrugs, "You know I won't listen to you unless you answer me."

I glare coldly at him, annoyance tensing the muscles in my shoulders, "What the hell do you want?"

"I just told you like five times," Andy adjusts his posture, "Did you finally hook up with Jessie?" 

I immediately bite back all the irritated words ready to fly from my mouth. 

"No."  

"Of course." Andy sighs, "Come on Chris, she's there, you have the chance... it's not like you're going to be staying here much longer anyways."

The knowledge that he's right picks at my brain, I only have two more days to spend with Jessie before the VMAs hit and then we need to go straight back home. Two days isn't nearly enough...

"It doesn't matter." I reply.

Andy looks slightly annoyed at my response, "Yes it does! You like her! I can tell."

"I like her as a person. That doesn't mean I'm suddenly infatuated with her."

"But that's what you're not realizing!" Andy persists, "Every single time you're with her you come back happier. You like her and I'm telling you that you have to seal the deal before you miss the chance."

"I should what?" I grit my teeth, anger constricting my throat; any self-control that I had tried to maintain is now gone.

"Are you saying I should have sex with Jessie and possibly embarrass or abuse her person in doing so because of some feeling you assume exists?!" I spit in disgust.

Andy doesn't respond.

I start to lift myself up to leave, but I stop, whipping around to face him again with a change of thought, "Actually, you want to know what I did with her yesterday? I almost crashed into a truck. I almost KILLED her. That's right. Now even if by some long shot I did like her, there would be no way in hell I could even get close enough to kiss her. Does that answer your question?"