Mission Log

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Mission Log.  August 20th 2011. 10:45 pm.’

'Countdown to VMAs: 8 days.'

‘Revisiting the previous couple days:

The exit from the airport was easy and fast, no customs on the way out which was a huge relief. My past experiences with customs haven’t been the best so it was just nice to get out of there without 10 security guards scanning my body with metal detectors. Of course, it wasn’t like we really had anything on us at the time anyways, that’s what we’re doing here right now. Andy, it turns out, rented a car for us for our time here, and I must admit, it was a good idea. From the airport, we drove to his uncle’s house which is where we will be staying while we’re here. Andy’s uncle is fairly important here in L.A. and many people know him, which, we hope, will provide fairly useful in the aid of our plans.

The past couple days we’ve also spent revisiting plans and perfecting them down to the tiniest detail. If anything goes wrong, this whole operation could blow out so we’re taking no risks. As all the technological details are left to me, I’ve done some considerable research on everything which wasn’t taken into account about the VMAs. This has indeed included profiling all the main staff and some of the attendees to an extent.

– All other notes and profiles pertaining to research can be found saved into laptop in coded files. –

I’ve also looked into the various security systems being put in place in and around the Nokia Theatre which is the location where the event will be held. Assuming from the simplicity of the systems, security isn’t the biggest thing on their minds right now. This could possibly be our greatest benefit as it’s a hell of a lot easier to tap in to a simple security system than something on a higher level (though I could probably do that too). I will need to set up some sort of device which we can use to monitor cameras all around the building. If everything works to plan, the cameras will detect any suspicious activity and Andy and I will be on it way ahead of anyone else.

Soundcheck for the VMAs is 5 days before the actual event (I have no idea why) so we will be able to set up most of our system then. Since Andy has gotten us both a spot on the backstage crew, we will have to attend soundcheck anyways so thankfully, no breaking in is required. This is in 3 days so we will need to get this shit together as fast as possible. I have no idea as to what we’ll be doing backstage, but I’m not too worried about it. Organizing celebrities can’t be all that bad can it? Even with other things on our mind.

Currently, Andy and I are chilling at his uncle’s house (which is how I found time to write this). A song came on the radio earlier which I liked. That was like 10 minutes ago though, so I don’t really remember how it went, but I think the chorus started off with ‘It’s not about the money, money, money…’ I’ll need to look that up when there’s more time.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day. During my research, I discovered the hotel at which many celebrities are staying during the timeframe of the VMAs. Conveniently, promo and press for the VMAs runs tomorrow and the high majority of celebrities will be there for the entire day. Our plan for this is to find a way to get into the hotel rooms of these celebs while they’re away so we can get some insight into their personal lives and discover any further evidence as to why they might become victims of an attack. This could include anything; valuable they posses, drugs, a sex tape, anything at all that someone could want or feel the need to harm for. The idea is then to insert a tracking device which I crafted into their phones, their purses, or anything else which is easily portable and would be taken with them to the awards ceremony. It’s critical that this bit is done undetected and with no trace left behind (specifically fingerprints) or else we would be discovered and our plan would fail. The tracking device shall later be used to detect suspicious activity where the cameras cannot.

I can’t even express how eager I am for this to start. With every passing day and every bit of knowledge we gain on these awards, the likelihood of the appearance of uninvited guests seems to increase drastically. Furthermore, my belief of the chances of some of these uninvited guests being the ones responsible for the destruction of my family has increased as well. If odds play in our favour and we do discover them, I’m taking matters straight into my own hands. There will be no force in the world able to stop me from destroying every last bit of them. I can feel the anger building in my chest as I sit here. These men killed my mother.

Now it’s time for a son’s revenge.

Sadly though, you can’t track two different people in different areas at once without failing.  I have had no lead whatsoever on my father, and it kills me. I have no idea where he is or even where he could be. In fact, if it wasn’t for the VMAs, I wouldn’t have a lead on anything at all.

I always wonder what happened to my father and why the black men came after him. What did I miss all those years ago? What provoked them to come after us? Adding on to that, why is my memory blank every time I try to recall what my mother said to the men? I need some kind of psychiatric therapy to help me figure this out; otherwise I’ll be drawing a blank forever.

It really bothers me that I was never thankful enough for my family when I was younger. I guess you never really know how good something is until it’s gone… Funny how life works isn’t it?

I guess all we can really do now is sit and wait to see if things turn out the way we want them to. Hopefully this log will turn out to be somewhat useful in the future, but for now, I should stop writing as Andy is bothering me.

All of my hope and energy is being put into this task. I just hope it’s for a good reason.

-Chris.’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------