𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘 - 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗀𝗎𝗒, 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾

Episode one"New Guy, New Life"

Episode one
"New Guy, New Life"

   IT WAS THE FIRST DAY OF 8th grade and I was pretty nervous. Me and my friends are finally able to try out for our schools dance team, which has been a dream of ours since we were babies. Me, Quinn, and Ellie we're waiting for our friend Rhyme at the steps of our school. "Where is she?" Quinn asks, getting frustrated. "She's gonna be here soon, trust me." I say, holding onto my backpack straps. Quinn starts walking to the entrance of the school with Ellie following as I trail behind them. "My sister and I really bonded this summer." Quinn says, slowing down a little. "You and your sister haven't gotten along since she started dating Henry." Ellie says, holding to her bag. "They broke up." Quinn says. "Really?" Ellie asks, oblivious to the obvious news. "After they broke up, she got really into photography and is now taking pictures for the school news paper, check it out." Quinn says, taking out her phone.

"When did you get a phone?" Ellie asks Quinn. "Right before the trip." I say, pulling mine out of my back pocket. "Do all of our friends have one except for me?" Ellie asks us. "I don't know, let me check the groupchat." Quinn says. "There's a groupchat?" Ellie says, before drawing her attention to a girl in the hallway. "Kayla!" Ellie calls out, running towards the girl. "Who's Kayla?" Quinn asks. "She's a girl I met a dance camp, y'all are gonna love her." Ellie says before running away. "Are you seriously okay with this,  Ave?" Quinn asks me. "The more, the merrier." I say, running after Ellie. "Quinn, Avery, this is my friend Kayla." Ellie says. "Ellie's been helping me prep for team tryouts." Kayla says. "There's only four spots on the dance team this year, me, Ave, Ellie, and Rhyme." Quinn says, in a kind of harsh tone.

"Yeah, I've heard all about the chicken girls and that dance you did when you were five, and your..." Keyla was about to say before she was interrupted. "Friendship bracelets." Quinn says, grabbing my wrist to show off the bracelet. "Well who knows, maybe there's a fifth spot on the team." Ellie says, trying to keep a positive vibe. "There's my sis." Quinn says, waving at Rooney. "Who's the girl in the hoodie." Keyla asks. "Birdie, she's my sisters best friend, captain of the dance team, and the coolest girl at Attaway. Anyway, I should get to class." Quinn says, about to leave. "Wait, aren't you gonna wait for Rhyme? It's our first day tradition." Ellie says. "She's the one who's late." Quinn says, before walking away. "I probably should go to my first period as well, I don't want to get lost." I say, turning to face Kayla. "It was nice meeting you." I say, before leaving the two girls.

As I'm walking to my first period class, I see a boy who looks like a lost puppy dog, he's kinda cute. "Hey, do you need some help?" I ask the boy. "Yes please, do you know where room 118 is?" He asks me, giving me his schedule. "Yeah, I'm going to the same class. We can walk together." I say, handing his schedule back to him as we start walking to class. "My names Avery, some people call me Ave though." I say, introducing myself. "I'm Kenneth, but people call me Kenny or Ken. I just moved here from Millwood" He says. "Cool, some of my family lives down there." I say. There's a awkward silence as we walk farther. "So, what do you like to do?" I ask him. "Well, I play soccer and I like to dance." He says. "Oh same, well not the soccer part, but I'm also a dancer." I tell him.

"Oh really?" He asks me. "Yeah, so are you trying out for the dance team?" I ask him. "No, dancing is more of a hobby then a sport for me." He says. "Yeah, it can get a bit competitive." I say, chuckling a little after the sentence. We talk a little bit as we get to our first period. "Well we are here." I say, stopping in front of the classroom door. "Can I have your number, it'll be kinda nice to have a friend here." He asks me, pulling out his phone. "Sure." I say, grabbing his phone and typing my number in. I give it back to him and we head into the classroom.

 I give it back to him and we head into the classroom