chapter 4: Peppermint Mocha

*dylan's pov*
it took him a second to realize that he was on top of me. one of his hands was buried in the snow and the other was resting on my chest. His cheeks were red from how cold it was but our bodies being so close to each other made the cold go away. I stared into his beautiful dookie brown eyes. His face suddenly went even more red than it was before when he realized our..... situation.

*rad's pov*
I quickly picked myself back up and dusted the snow off myself. My heart beating intensely. I took a glance at him. His cheeks were red and he was playing with his messy brown hair. It was clear that he was embarrassed...... I took a moment to look in his eyes. They were a dirty green color because of the gloomy atmosphere. Seeing how nervous he got made my heart slow down. He is so cute. We both stood there in silence for a few seconds until he managed to utter out some words. "Do you um.... do you maybe wanna go somewhere?". I look at him for a moment. "right now?"  I asked him skeptically.  "Well yeah.... it's pretty cold so would you wanna go get hot chocolate or something?" he replied. I stood there and smiled. "it's okay if you don't want to... i can go back inside if you want" he said as he thought i was going to say no. "i would love to" i assured him.

*dylan's pov*
I led the way and heard his footsteps behind me trying to catch up. I was confused about how I had mustered up the courage to ask him to come. It seemed unlike me. Especially after...... what had just happened. I was surprised that I hadn't run back into my house and never talked to him again.

We walked to the nearest little coffee shop and I sat down by a window. "What would you like to drink?" He asked me. "Ummm i don't know maybe just a normal hot chocolate?" I answered. "Are you sure you don't want something a little more interesting? Maybe a Christmas special?" He repeated. "I'm sure you know the answer to that by now..." I told him while looking down at the table. He nodded and walked away. He went up to the counter and I watched him as he ordered. He has an essence... an essence that I had never seen nor felt before. He radiated elegance and class but in the same time spread enthusiasm and wittiness with everything he did and every word he spoke. His cheerfulness was contagious. A very sophisticated young man indeed...

*Rad's pov*
I sat down with him by the window after ordering. "We're order number 124 by the way" I told him. He nodded. "Can I ask you a question?" Dylan asks. I nodded my head. "Why is a 17 year old high schooler spending the holidays alone so far away from home?" He asked with a curious look in his eyes. I paused for a moment. I wasn't ready for such a..... heavy question. "It's.... A long story" I told him. "We have time" he assured me. "I'm just.... Trying to stay away from... some things I suppose...." I vaguely answered hoping it would be enough for him to move on to a new topic. "Care to elaborate?" He asked seeming genuinely concerned. I couldn't leave him hanging. He just seemed so... sincere. "I'm having some problems at home I guess... with my dad... he um.. wants me to be something that I'm not.. so......" I continued trying to look as nonchalant as possible but clearly failing. "NUMBER 124 PLEASE COME GET YOUR DRINKS" the lady at the countered yelled. I went up to get our drinks.

*Dylan's pov*
I didn't wanna push to hard since today was only our second day of knowing each other. Especially since I was still pretty shaken up about what had happened before... the position... anyway. He had gone up to get our drinks and i was trying to think of what to say next. He came and sat down and handed me my drink. I smiled at him and took a sip. At that moment i felt like my heart stopped. The burning taste of peppermint covered my mouth. I felt my throat closing and tears building themselves up in my eye. My breathing got heavier. "What the fuck did you do?!" I yelled. Everyone in the coffee shop was staring. He looked speechless. I got up and ran out of the coffee shop. I could hear him coming out behind me.

To be continued.....