Chapter One: Remastered

Edward
I sat against the bar after another shitty day! It's been three weeks since my wife past, we were expecting our first child but she didn't make it neither. It's been the worse three weeks of my life, Caroline traveled all the any from England to the West Indies to be with me, and I was so stupid enough to let her get in harms way. I lost her when I left her unguarded, she was killed in a revenge killing. When I held her in my arms for that final time, she told me she couldn't feel the baby, those words were the last thing she ever said to me. Now, they're on repeat in my mind.

However, now that's all I hear, and the only thing that stops it, is the rum from any tavern I can find, but that's been taken from me as I hear a soft voice besides me. "Sir!" I turn to see her, noticing a man being far too touchy feeling for my liking, I wasn't in the mood to be someone's ultimate hero, she made it difficult, her voice was soft like Caroline. I tried my best to ignore her, I didn't care, I couldn't be bothered, but her voice was a reminder of the woman I just lost.

I couldn't handle her being touched anymore, it made me think of my wife and how I've had that guilt of not being a better husband to her, not being a husband to her. I know she's not Caroline, but she sounds so much like her and this could be a way to help me with my guilt. "Sir please, enough." The woman begged and I rolled my eyes at the softness within her voice, cursing me and creating the answer for me. "Please enough!" She continued, I took my final sip of rum, and slammed it back down on the table.

"ENOUGH," I shout, the man touching the young woman eventually stopped to stare at me. I knew that I was going to die here, due to the size of the man I was about to fight. "If you continue to do that'll kill you!" I spoke angrily towards the man, who looked at me as if I was an insect who needed to be stepped on and discarded.

"What are you going to do about it?" He responded and tried to get back to his girl, who kept trying to remove herself from his clutches. "Why?, do you want a turn after me?" I chuckled, looking at him.