tomboy

(Pic is Maddie)

My phone starts buzzing, I look at it and see I'm getting a call from my best friend Kate "Maddie I'll be at your house in 10 be ready" she says and hangs up. My name is Maddie Foreman and right now I am waiting for my friend Kate to pick me up so we can go to this high school bonfire. A few minutes later I hear a knock at the door and my little sister Jamie answers it "MADDIE KATE'S HERE!" she screams and I walk down the stairs "Hey mads" she says when I reach the bottom step "Hey" I say and I look at Jamie "why don't you go and see if ICarly is on" I say and she nods and runs through to the living room "HARRISON I'M LEAVING LOOK AFTER JAMIE!" I shout to my brother and then I leave. "You look cute" says Kate when I shut my front door. I smile "thanks you too" I say We get into Kate's car and put the radio on full volume. Once we arrive we get out and meet with our friends. My friends and I are kinda different I'm more of a tomboy and they're more of girly girls. I stay in my group of girlfriends until one gasps "Oh my god he is gorgeous" all the girls look to where she is looking and I turn around and see some guy coming up the hill. Okay he was hot not gonna lie. Soon all the girls at the party were looking in his direction. I turn and look back at my friends "so which one of you is gonna say hi" I say and they all look at me until kate says "You are" she says and I just laugh "nope not this time. You guys have to do your own dirty work" I say "aww come on we need your accent and your british charm" says my friend Jordan. The girls always make me talk to the cute guys because I can actually talk to guys without fainting and playfully flirt without really flirting and guys like my british accent, I moved from london to L.A about a year back. I walk away from the girls to my guy friends "hey guys"I say "Hey Mads" says my best friend Blake and he puts his arm around me "had enough of the mouse's" says Drew he always calls my friends that because they're always squeaking about celebs or boys or obsessing over fashion. I laugh at him "Nah they're trying to get me charm some guy" I say "which one" ask Seth I look over my shoulder and see the guy talking to some girl "that one" I say and they all look "Oh him" says Drew "He's a Mr.big shot, pest player for his football team." he says "so he's one of the guys who knows their attractive and is cocky about it." I say "pretty much" says Blake "I'm gonna go get a beer" "get me one two" says Blake as I walk over to the cooler and grab a beer for me and one for Blake. When I turn around I smash into someone I would've fallen over if they hadn't caught me "sorry" I say and I look up and see the face of Mr. big shot "my pleasure" he says and I flash him a quick smile "Mason James, starting at your school after the break" he says and I look at him "I didn't ask your name" I say "I know but you're gonna want it later" he says smirking and I raise my eyebrows "in your dreams" I say I look over my shoulder and see kate the others looking at me expectantly "they your friends?" He asks and I nod "they seem to looking for a show" he says I look at him and smirk " they will be disappointed then won't they Mr.Big shot" I say "Aw why not" he says "because I know your type" "My type" he says raising an eyebrow "Yeah you're that type of guy who flirts with girls he's just met, sleeps with every girl he can and then moves on by morning." I say "oh you're good" he says "thanks" I say and I start walking off "You're not gonna tell me your name" he calls after me "nope" I say and I walk back to Kate "Oh my god were you just flirting with him" says Kate "only to get you off my back his name is Mason James he is starting after spring break and he is a player so the most you're gonna get is a fling" I say and walk back to Blake, Drew and the guys. They all stare at me "Oh come on guys we've all seen Maddie work her magic to get information for the girls" says Drew, and I laugh "all I did was stop his attempts of bedding me" I say and throughout the night Mason goes from girl to girl chatting them up but occasionally he will look in my direction and winks.

I roll my eyes at him and then people get lanterns out and Kate and I run over to light one. I light one lantern and we let it go up in the air. After a load of people start dancing and as expected Drew and Blake start a dance off. They are both really good dancers that's how I met them at dance camp and no I'm not talking like ballet or something I'm talking street dancing. Soon a crowd as formed around them and it seems like Drew will win when Blake just shakes his head "Maddie wanna give me a hand" he says "sure" I say and I put the song gibberish on and when I walk up to Blake I see Mason stare at me. Once we are done our part Drew says "Not fair Maddie is like the best dancer" "Just dance" I say and he laughs and starts dancing once he is done "Me against you two who ever has the crowd most excited wins" I say and someone puts the music on I take off my hoodie and a load of guys wolf whistle since I'm in a crop top. I smirk and Drew and Blake start dancing the crowd cheers and claps pretty loud "That all you got" I say and start dancing I through some breakdancing in there once I'm done the crowd erupts in cheers and claps "I guess I win" I say and I walk out of the crowd and I pass Mason,out of the corner of my eye I see him bite his lip.