Five.

No noise.

George's heavy eyes prised themselves open and stared upwards. He knew what he had to do.

Like he had done so many times, the boy rolled out of bed, shuffling on his cold wooden floor over to his desk.

His finger ran along the open page, something falling gently onto it.

A single golden hair fell down from the boy's shoulder and shone to him.

George pocketed it. That may be useful for later.

The boy then re-read and looked over all the things that he had been drawing and writing. He needed to remember this, or nothing would go to plan.

You see, he hadn't been completely honest with XD.
George gave the god a brief rundown of what occurred when he slept.

He left out one of the most detrimental details.

Dream had told him how to be with XD forever, seeing as he himself couldn't.

The figment of his boyfriend explained to him that his friend Karl, who lived just within the mushroom forest, had a potion that could turn George into a god.

Well, at least as much as XD was.

This inticed the boy so much that even though it must have been early morning, he yearned for the chance to be with his love, even in this state.

The boy picked himself up, shoving on a blue trench coat and ran right out of the house for the first time in a few days.

The October night was cold. So..cold.

George began to regret what he was doing. Not only would he have to venture into the forest alone and at night, but he would have to traverse the whole thing, and arrive in the mushroom lands.

George had a lot of trauma involving the mushroom lands. He was born and raised there, and that was where he was terfed out from, when his family found out that he had a boyfriend.

He shuddered, once again standing at the foot of the forest. He pulled his coat down further over his torso, protecting it from the harsh autumnal winds.

It was then that he began to run. This time, he hoped he wouldn't run into another god that had inhabited his dead boyfriend's spirit.

George looked through the slight gap in the trees and realised that it was getting light. This told him that he needed to hurry his shit up.

Eventually, he arrived at the base of the mushroom lands.

His stomach turned and growled. He felt an immense sadness, remembering all of the times he had been at this border many times during his childhood, wishing that he could cross it.

He never thought that he would be here, on the other side, about to cross back home.

George had devised a plan. He had to stick to the outer edge. (luckily Karl's house was on the outskirts anyways.) not drawing attention to himself much, and then get in and out as quickly as he could.

So, he began to move. The boy slinked around and onto the bright red grass, the smell of the plants and people around that he missed so dearly.

He felt a tear drop. He so missed being home.

He pulled his hood up further, sort of running, or at least at more of a fast walking pace.

The sound of figment Dream echoed in his head.

"Look for the dark oak shack, Georgie. That's where you'll find him~"

George's head flipped from left to right, and then back again. The horizon was misty and dark, and so a dark oak house would be kind of hard to find, theoretically.

Still, he kept walking. Now he raised his pace to a run and didn't stop until he saw the hint of a shack.

There it was. He exhaled and grinned. A rotting, mossy..well shack stood infront of him.

Was this his fate? Was this what his whole life had lead him to? To be a god??

He stepped up onto the small step, stumbling a little bit due to the uneven nature of the newfound ground.

George's pale hand shook, forming a fist and knocking.

Once.

Twice.

Three times.

"Hello?" A husky voice emerged from inside.
"Who is it?"

George took a deep breath and cleared his throat.

"I-I'm George. I'm here for.."

Damnit. What was it that he had to say again??

"The transformation."

There was a small moment of recollective silence.

"Alright. Come on in."