Chapter 1

Back to school hauls were becoming trendy again which meant school was approaching.
How much longer would I have to be in high school. Just 3 more years, that seemed like eternity. Even if nothing really terrible happened with you in school, even if it was fairly normal, it still sucked.  I just wanted to get rid of the expectations and the misunderstandings and the turmoil in my head.
I needed to focus, to get out of there quickly. To have a bright future.
First day of school and everything is fine, it's alright. I had met a few new people since I switched schools. My parents allowed me to switch schools after the incident last year.
I recognised Lara from the crowd at my new school and went to say hi.
"Oh my God, I remember seeing your name on the list of people coming to our class. I almost thought I was mistaken." - Lara had said enthusiastically.
"Oh yeah. I honestly sort of forgot that you studied here. It's so nice to see you, at least I already know someone." - I proceeded to say and then laugh nervously.
"Hey guys, this is my friend Clover Mitch." - she finally had introduced me.
"Hi I'm clover, it's nice to meet you all. What are your names?"
"Ok so, this is Edward, Rose, Dean and Diana."
I accidentally locked eyes with Dean for a few seconds and then he shaked my hand.
I thought he was a bit odd at first glance, but I let it pass. I mean, it wasn't like I was gonna be forced to be friends with him.
Days passed nothing really major happened. I was alone most days. I didn't really know how to socialize with large groups of people. It was really overwhelming at first. Then I met Cristina and Lawrence. I thought they looked a bit... I don't know.. bitchy perhaps. But they were surprisingly really nice.
We started talking a lot and they introduced me to a few more people. And then I found myself being not so alone anymore.
...
As you can see by how I'm telling my own story, I'm not a very patient person.  I mean I would always long about the days that I would leave my house and go to another country, to travel, meet new people, meet... good people.
I always did kinda think that everyone else was the problem or everything around me was the problem. If I was alone for a few months people became extraordinary. But since I had to see them every single day, they were just annoying and boring.
However, we all know is that I didn't really try to change myself. Try to be happy. Do something for me. I hid behind the I hate everyone facade when I really just hated myself for how impotent and reckless and weak I was.
...
English class introduction was about to start, and we had had homework of a few questions about ourselves that we needed to answer in front of the whole class. Definitely something I always loved, public speaking. Ugh. 
"Clover wanna go first?"
"Hmm sure."
"My name is clover I'm 15 years old. Actually I just sort of turned 15. I also just changed schools and hmm..."
"What do you like to do on your free time?" - Mrs. Reed tried to help me.
"Well I... I consider myself to be an introvert, so most of the time I prefer to stay home and read or watch tv I suppose. I'm terrible at sports and I enjoy the piano."
"Very well then. You can sit down now. I won't torture you anymore." - she laughed - "who's next?"
I watched a lot of introductions like 30 at least but only one caught my full attention. Not sure why though...
"Dean Kubrick" - said the teacher.
"Alright, I'm coming"
"My name is Dean as most of you know. I'm also new at this school. My last school was great but I used to get bullied cause my parents worked there. It wasn't really the easiest environment to be in, lots of rich entitled kids. I'm really glad I switched schools and hopefully this school will be what I need to evolve as a person. Also I'm 15." In that moment Dean and I locked eyes. And I felt the urge to cry, so I looked away. "What the hell just happened?!- I thought to myself.
"That was really lovely Dean, you can sit down now. Thank you." - mrs reed dismissed him.