𝒥𝒾𝓈ℴℴ & 𝒥ℯ𝓃𝓃𝒾ℯ

"What would you say is the most memorable moment with members Jisoo and Jennie ?"

"A recent moment actually – we were doing karaoke at Jennie's, and I had hit an unexpected high note..."

~~~

The power of Soju.

"How many are you on now ?" Jennie narrows her eyes at me, pointing a very wobbly finger my way from her end of the sofa

I lean to the side, checking my empty bottles that had placed on the floor beside the sofa. Humming as I count, i click my fingers with a sly grin. I'd for sure win this time. Turning slowly, I meet Jisoo and Jennie's curious gazes.

"FIVE !" I hold a hand up five fingers, a toothy grin on my face. Jennie marvels with a dazed look in her eyes, and Jisoo startles me when she leaps up from her spot between Jennie and I.

"I've had seven, but nevermind that," I frown slightly; Jisoo has always been the best drinker among us, and I can never seem to be her. She's almost better than my brother !

She bends, tripping slightly over her feet, and places her hands on my shoulders. "You're ready sister." She gives me a shake, the momentum effecting me way more than it should.

"...for ?"

Jennie giggles, her body sunken deep into the comfort of her sofa. "Unnie believes that, if you have enough soju in you, you can hit the highest of notes."

I give Jisoo, who nods, a weird look. "I don't know unnie, I know my limits-"

"Nonsense ! Here," she suddenly tosses me a karaoke mic, and I hurry to catch it. "Think of any song with a note you're positive you can't reach."

I chuckle, thinking for a moment – I had recently rewatched all the RTK performances, a specific song comes to mind. I the mic up so I could speak into it. "Ateez 'Wonderland'."

I skip past the original version, playing the Symphony 9 version their leader had mixed together – it's a real masterpiece.

As the song plays, I tend to rap and sing where I can, really just waiting for Jongho's highnote – it was hard singing for 8 people, damn.

Finally, the moment comes, and I notice in the corner of my eye how Jisoo and Jennie watch the screen.

The highnote comes, and the beginning of it is easy, nothing I can't do, it's usually the last two notes that I've never sung in before because it wasn't something I was able to reach.

But...

"WHAT !?"

"YAAHH, THE POWER OF SOJU !!"

Jisoo is up on her feet, pumping her fists in the air, and Jennie is staring at me, seemingly to have somehow sobered up, gaping.

No way did I just sing that high so effortlessly... I look down at my empty soju bottles again, my brows raised.

The power of soju indeed...

~~~

"All I can say after that is, BLINKS, watch out for my new music..."