11

It has been almost two weeks since your agreement with Taehyung. You have had three study sessions already, and it wasn't that bad. You first tried to have them at Jin's cafe, but that proved to not be efficient with the constant interruptions from Jin, checking if you wanted anything to eat or drink or just to see how things were going, which always led to the two friends discussing something not related to what you were originally doing. The next time you tried to study at the cafe, after a personal talk with Jin to not distract you two anymore, Namjoon was helping the staff and, eventually, ended up interested in what you were discussing, becoming also a distraction, but this time not only to Taehyung.

So you decided that the library was the best decision, and you just stopped at the cafe for food, which Jin gladly provided, claiming you two needed energy for your brains to function properly. He really acted as a middle aged mother sometimes.

But even working at the library was a struggle. Getting Taehyung to concentrate on a single subject for more than ten minutes was as hard as making Nicky eat broccoli.

The guy would pull random questions out of nowhere and start rambling about random stuff. You had to be professional and once a while pull the talk back to it's initial topic, which would be chemistry. He would complain saying it was way more fun to discuss about the inevitable existence of aliens than to understand covalent bonds. He wasn't wrong, you just were not being paid for that, and you had to constantly remind him of it.

Despite all the trouble and having basically no time for yourself anymore, you were totally fine, glad even, because nothing could pay back Nick's happiness.

The day he arrived home in his little outfit with the biggest smile on his face after his first class made it all worth it. He wouldn't shut up about what he had learned and tried to teach you everything as well. You were sure that in the end, you would become a black belt together with him.

And, of course, alongside Nick's happiness came Brandon's. He still didn't like the fact that you were working over hours, but his son's smile made him forget everything. He really was a great father.

It was Friday, you were supposed to have met Taehyung yesterday, but he had a group project and couldn't make it. Instead he asked if you could meet up today after work. At their house. Needless to say you were very reluctant about that.

Taehyung 👽

You are coming tonight right?

You

Are you sure?

Can't we just meet up at the library?

Taehyung 👽

No, the library doesn't have my refrigerator

You

The whole point to go to the library

is to avoid distractions...

Taehyung 👽

Exactly, I won't have to leave to the coffee

shop every time I want a drink or snack...

I just have to go to my own kitchen...

You

🙄

Why do I feel like this is going

to be the worst one yet?