Confrontation

The end of the ceremony had come and everyone left. I bid my goodbye to my family and attempted to rush out of the pack territory. When I walked out of the ball hall, I ran into him. Jungkook was standing there in front of me, smirking at me.

Y/n: Hi?

Jk: How are you?

Y/n: Can I help you sir?

Jk: Leaving so soon?

Y/n: Yeah, I have work in the morning, so I've got to go.

Jk: Stop acting so oblivious.

Y/n: Oblivious to...?

Jk: You sensed it right? The sweet scent? Our connection? We're mates.

Y/n: No offense sir but, what are you talking about? I sensed nothing of the sort. We are not mates. I'm just trying to get home.

Jk: Stop kidding yourself. You are my mate. You may be able to fool yourself but you can't fool me. I am an alpha, I know when someone is lying. That means that I know that you are lying. The vanilla scent is key to finding your mate, and you *sniff* are covered in it. Plus the way you stared at me confirmed it.

Y/n: Okay, so what? You can't take a hint can you? I don't want a mate. I don't want to be a part of the pack. And I will certainly not be your mate.

Jk: I don't think I asked you to be my mate. It's not something you can just decide.

Y/n: And it's not something you can force me into. You may be an alpha. But you are not my alpha. Which means you have no right to order me around. Respectfully.

Jk: If you go, I will still find you. No matter where you go, I will be close behind.

Y/n: Are you threatening me?

Jk: I don't know, am I?

Y/n: I'm done with this conversation.

With that, I got into my car and drove away. Not looking back. My wolf started whimpering because we were leaving our mate behind. I got back to my apartment around midnight, thankful that this was all over. The alpha? As my mate? Out of all the wolves in the world, it had to be the damn alpha. A person who doesn't take no as an answer? He wasn't serious about following me, right? I hope not. I went to sleep with all these thoughts crossing my mind.

I woke up the next morning and got ready for work. I still can't shake off this feeling from last night. Who does Jungkook think he is? Does he expect me to just roll over and take commands? How did I find my mate so quickly? It took Jennie 2 years to find her mate. But to be fair, her mate was a part of another pack at the time. I pushed my thoughts aside and started to go to work. When I got to the hospital, I sensed something weird. I looked up and there he was. Standing by the emergency room entrance smirking as he sensed me. I walked up to him, making eye contact and glaring.

Y/n: What in the world are you doing here? I thought that the alpha had to stay in pack territory?

Jk: I told you I would find you, didn't I? Mates for life.

Y/n: So, what? Do you plan on following me around for the rest of my life?

Jk: No, just until you agree to com-

Y/n: To what? To come back to the pack? Did I not tell you last night that I don't plan on returning to the pack? You are not my alpha.

Jk: You say that now Y/n, but in the end, you will have no choice. Your wolf will drive you crazy until you mate. It'll tear you to shreds. In the end, you will have to choose between mating and coming back to the pack or letting your wolf consume you. You've been gone for four years so it's obvious you never learned what could happen if you don't mate.

Y/n: I would rather let the wolf consume me, than to mate with you. And if you're so worried about mating, then why don't you come here? Why do I have to go back?

Jk: Because I am an alpha. I can't leave the pack

Y/n: But you're okay with me leaving my life and dreams.

Jk: For the good of the pack, then yes

Y/n: Then you have another thing coming Mr.Alpha. Now leave before I call security on you.

I walked into the building before he could get another word in. I couldn't focus on any of my patients because of him. Luckily the Nurse manager was my friend and she understood.