8

I woke up the next morning with a tan arm around me. I wiggled myself out of Eren's grasp and made my way over to Hecate's room. I wanted to make sure that she's up. I opened the door and saw her picking out her clothes for the day. "Good morning my little witch." I said softly. Hecate turned around to face me and hugged me. "Good morning mommy!" Hecate said as I placed her on the bed. I looked at the clothes she picked out and helped her get dressed for the day. I limped because of the bullet hole in my leg and the pain from my back was killing me. With a heavy sigh, I placed Hecate in her chair and made my way to the stove. I placed a pan and pulled out the pancake mix. "Can I help?" Hecate asked as I smiled. "Of course, Hecate. Here, why don't you mix the batter." I suggested. With a nod, she sat patiently in her chair and watched me as I got the ingredients in the bowl. Once everything was in the bowl, I passed it over to her and saw as she tried her hardest to try and mix the bowl. "Mommy, can you help me?" she asked. I chuckled and told her that I would. I stood behind her and mixed the bowl. I honestly wish Persephone was here right now. She would love to help the two of us. I didn't even notice the tears falling down my face until Hecate handed me a tissue. I kissed her on the top of her head and took the tissue from her to wipe my tears away.

"Done mixing!" Hecate shouted as I gently took the now mixed ingredients from her and started to pour the batter onto the frying pan. Pancake after pancake, the fluffy cakes were now finished and ready to eat. "Eat up Hecate, we have a big day today!" I said. "We do?" Hecate asked with her mouth full of the cakes. I giggled and nodded. "Mommy is going to see some old friends today, but don't tell Daddy, OK?" I said softly. "You mean Eren?" Hecate asked in a hushed tone. "What are my girls talking about?" Eren said as he walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table. "Oh, I was going to take Hecate to the new park across the street." Eren's face scowled. He gripped my wrist and threw me to the floor. "MOMMY!" Hecate shouted as she ran towards me and placed herself between me and Eren. She stretched her arms out to her sides. Eren pushed Hecate out of the way and picked me up. A hand soon appeared on Eren's shoulder. "Brother, put her down." Zeke said as he picked up a crying Hecate. Eren dropped me and stormed off. With a hoarse voice, I thanked him and sat myself back up. Zeke put her down, making Hecate run towards me and hug me, crying into my clothes.

I placed the dishes into the sink and started to wash them. Zeke offered to help dry the dishes off, which I declined, but he insisted. "I know you've been with my brother for a while now, and after what I saw today, I think I need to intervene. My brother loves you, that is no question, but what he has is obsession, and that obsession has led to abuse on so many levels. I'll help you get out, IF you never speak of this encounter to anyone." While still cleaning the dishes, I replied. "Why do you think I am going to the park with Hecate? I want to reunite my family and get him out of my life. I don't want to expose her to anymore of this madness that Eren calls "Love". I know he is capable of it, but his form of it is just . . . not right." With a nod, Zeke placed the last dry, clean dish on the rack and turned to face me. "I'll distract him for as long as I can. I can get some of my men to pack some bags for the two of you and place you and your family in an undisclosed location that Eren does not know about. This has gone on for far too long and it needs to stop now." I turned to face him, taking the gloves off of my hands and sighed "What other choice do I have? I have nothing to lose, but Hecate has everything to lose. If Hecate can get back into Armin's hands, then that is all that matters to me. I just don't care what happens to me anymore. I just want Hecate to have a normal life." The both of us shook hands and went our separate way.

It is now mid afternoon. I placed a beige sun hat on my head and got Hecate in a stroller. I was about to leave until I was stopped by Eren. "You're still going out?" he asked, staring at me as if he wanted to kill me right here and right now. I took a deep breath and said "Yes. Hecate is very interested in the new park across the street and I promised her that I would take her." Eren walked over towards me and kissed the top of my head. "I'll go get my coat." He said as he walked past me. Once Eren turned the corner, Zeke ushered me out of the house. I made my way towards the park and saw Armin and Persephone. Once we got out of sight of the house, I unbuckled Hecate from her stroller and rushed over to Armin. Hecate hugged Persephone as the two told each other that they missed the other. I was wrapped in a tight embrace as we faced each other and locked lips together. We soon broke apart and stood there, my head against his chest and his head resting on top of my head. As I parted from my hug with Armin, I picked Persephone up and kissed her cheek. With tears in her eyes, Persephone told me that she has missed me and Hecate very much. I placed her back down on the ground and took Armin's hand. "We only have a few minutes to leave. Zeke handed me an address. All of our stuff will be there and Eren has no idea of the location." With a nod, Armin helped the girls into the car and typed in the address on the GPS. Once that was done, Armin sped off from the park.

(Eren's POV)

"Thank you for the help, Floch." I told him as I wiped the blood off of my skin and changed into some new clothing. "Of course. That assassin did not stand a chance against us. And the way he spoke about your wife and daughter. . . such savagery!" Floch spoke as he helped put on my jacket. I made my way downstairs and saw that (y/n) and Hecate were no longer there. Probably for the best because I didn't want them to see me covered in blood. I should really apologize to the two of them for how I acted this morning. I should not have done that. I was so stressed out because of my schedule of appointments and all of that. I turned to Elizabeth and asked where the two of them were. "Oh, Zeke told them to head to the park. I thought he would have told you about that once you were finished with the intruder." My eyes widened as I commanded Floch to get my brother as I headed to the park.

I ran as fast as I could, panting along the way as worry kicked in. I stopped at the park and didn't see the two of them. "Wait, this isn't a park, it's just a clearing!" I thought as I whipped my head around. "(Y/N)! HECATE!" I shouted as I soon looked down and saw tire marks. I chuckled to myself as I stood back up. "You are so crafty, (y/n). To think that you can escape me this easily is an understatement. Once I find out who helped you, I will slaughter them and bring the two of you back home into my arms, where you belong."

Epilogue: Zeke's POV

I began to pace around my office, worried about what I had done. Did (y/n) make it out? Is my niece OK? I sighed and sat back in my chair, a glass of whisky in my hand. A knock on the door soon disrupted my thoughts. "Enter." I said aloud. It was Floch. "Sir, Eren needs you. It's about (y/n) and Hecate." I nodded and sighed. "Just . . . give me a minute and I will be there in a minute." Floch walked over to me and knocked the glass out of my hand. "I said, now" Floch said, in a stern tone.