Chapter One

"Nooo! Nooo! Grandma!!!" A little girl cried hysterically in her white gown with long chestnut brown hair. The girl cried and cried while she held onto the covers of the bed. Her tears streamed down her cheeks and her face was looking towards the ground. 

"This can't be true...You said you'll be with me!" She screamed while she looked at her dead grandmother on the hospital bed. She gritted her teeth and gripped onto the covers of the sheet. An adult grabbed onto her waist and picked her up in the air.

"Let's go Lilia," said a deep-toned voice. The man held onto her and left the room. He placed her onto a chair where they sat in silent.

"Dad? This isn't real. Right? Right?? Right!?" Lilia asked pleading that everything was just a dream. She looked straight at her father with a worried look. The dad sighed and placed his hand onto her shoulder. He brought her closer, letting her face close to his chest.

"I'm sorry. Sorry, Lilia. There's nothing we ca-" He stopped without finishing his sentence. He held onto his daughter closer to him and hid his face. He hugged her tightly and was shaken with fear. The girl looked up and saw his own father cry. She stared at him and her tears began to overflow once again.

That girl was me. I remembered every event that happened in my life. I can't bare this anymore. It was too much for me to handle. Just like when she died.

That same face my dad made when my mother died from an illness. Mom was a very strong cheerful woman. She was there for both of us. She loved us and cared for us. I knew the feeling that dad had. It was sad. It was painful. It was horrible. No words could express these feelings. I remembered him standing outside his deck and leaning against the railing every night while he looked at a picture of him and mom as teenagers. I couldn't do anything. He always cried silently at night just by looking at the picture when they were younger. I always stood behind the window and watched him. I can't do anything. I couldn't say something. All I can do was to watch my dad in silent.

A couple days later, the family held a funeral of the death of a beloved mother and grandmother. I brought a stuffed bear along. That bear was my very most prize possession. This particular toy was a special gift that my grandmother gave to me as a present. I wrapped my arms under the bear's head and hugged it tightly. Everyone wore all black and so was I. We all stood around the corpse of her body placed by a dark brown coffin. Everyone cried, weeped, and whined. I looked at my grandmother's soulless face and had an expressionless face. Next to me was my dad. I looked at his cold, upset face. He looked at grandma and stood there expressionless as well. I saw him shook in terror. It wasn't noticeable, but I knew how he felt. I stared at his hand and grabbed it. He looked at me and seemed relieved. I tightly gripped his hand and looked back at the dead body. Everything went white and the image disappeared into thin air.

That day changed me. I shouldn't cry or be depressed, but instead be happy and be confident. While I held onto my dad's big hand, I never shed a tear again.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Oh no. Oh no. OH NO. OH NO. NO. NO. NO!" A voice quickly repeated a phrase loudly. There were many rustles and many noises clashing together. I heard feet stomping onto the ground and someone hurriedly gathering items. I began to open my eyes half way and seemed half awake. I opened my eyes and all I saw was a man. Then I realized it was my father. My father. My dad. Wait a minute.

"DAAAAD?!??!" I yelled at him with frustration. "What are you doing in my room?!" I grabbed my blanket and tossed it aside.

I got out of my bed and looked at him with a curious face.