Halloween Special: Dark Deception Human AU

Halloween...

The best holiday of the month of October...

The sound of crunching fall leaves on the side walk...

The sounds of laughter, screams, and chatter filled the air...

The smell of pumpkin spice in the air...

What does Halloween has in-store for you?

****************************

"Finally! This level was kicking my ass!" I said as I playing Resident Evil.

Hi, my name is (Y/n) (Surname). I'm (age) years old and a (Freshman/Junior/Sophomore/Senior) in highschool. I'm the only teenager in my neighborhood who doesn't celebrate Halloween or even do anything for it.

I don't like to dress up and go on long walks to the next house over for candy. I stopped trick or treating ever since my friend moved away and my life has been boring pretty much.

They were the only ones that had opinions on the horror movies we watched, do fake witch rituals, urban explorations, contacting the dead, and many things.

All the kids on my street calls me the weird kid because I'm always reading horror novels R.L Stine is one of my favorite authors besides Stephen King.

I reached my hand into the bowl of (favorite chips) and popped one into my mouth savoring the crunchy taste and flavor all over the chip.

Tomorrow is Halloween which means my parents will be out to a costume party that night, which means I have the whole entire house to myself!

"Ugh! I hate it when they do that!" My hands were quick on the controller to shoot the swollen zombie dead.

When I'm home alone, I make sure the doors are locked and secured. If any ghost face were trying to kill me, I'll ace their quiz with no problem.

I'm a horror fanatic.

I love watching the horror movie classics like The thing, Carrie, The night of the living dead, Dracula, The Bride of Frankenstein, The Mummy, Christine, Child's Play, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday 13th and many others.

I'm surprised I don't have nightmares from these movies yet. I heard the phone ring but I continued to beat the boss, "C'mon! It's almost at half health!"

"(Y/n)! Could you get that?" My mom called from upstairs.

"I'm kinda busy right now!"

"Please, (Y/n) it's important! It could be your dad!"

I groaned exasperatedly and paused my game before slowly get off the couch from my comfortable position to pick up the phone, "Hello, (Surname) Residence."

"Hiya, (Y/n)! We're gonna pick out our costumes today! Wanna come?" Said a high pitched voice on the other end.

I groaned internally, how could I forget.

Martha.

She was in middle school, a daddy's girl and has a temper when things don't go her way. I could care less about her rage filled outburst, I don't dress up for Halloween and she knows this.

I told her this several times and if she is trying to do this as a prank, it's getting annoying, "No way Martha, I'm not going with you guys to pick out a costume."

"But (Y/n) it'll be fun! Especially my daddy is throwing a Halloween party! There'll be games, music, dancing, contests, and food--"

"Sorry to cut you off but, did you say food?"