epilogue.

Osamu sang to the plants as he opened the coffeeshop. The sunlight was bold, the city smog especially subtle. He was still getting used to working with the new employees now that the shop had been passed to him, but as long as he got the opening shift he wouldn't complain about having to manage the various orphans that ended up getting hired.

"Do you have my favorite ready?" A tall blond man in a suit was leaning on the counter, grinning playfully.

Osamu reached across the counter and swatted at his husband's hair. "Don't expect anything special, your scone is three days old and you deserve it."

"As long as the tea is good."

"I spat in it."

"Good to know."

Osamu grinned at his husband, endlessly amused that Doppo insisted on coming into the shop and flirting before his day at the ADA began, despite having seen Osamu a mere half hour earlier. Still, he wouldn't complain. No one else was in the shop yet, so-

"I really need to stop attending this establishment before work, don't I?" Yosano complained, her hands on her hips.

Osamu looked up guiltily from where he'd been pulling Doppo in for a kiss across the counter. "Sorry."

"That's what you said the last time. Before that you said 'my bad,' and the time before that it was 'oops.' Then there was the time you just threw a to-go cup at me because you two weren't done and you wanted me to leave. Really bad for business, if you ask me."

Doppo pushed his glasses up on his nose, sulking. "You were the one who tried so hard to get us together."

Yosano threw up her hands. "I didn't know it would work! Now you're working with that government friend of yours to get cleared to adopt children. That was certainly not what I was expecting."

She was laughing, though, behind her complaints, and Osamu simply began to prepare her morning coffee.

"Thank you, Yosano," Doppo said, "for giving Osamu my number all those years ago."

She waved her hand in irritation. "It was funny watching you squirm. I had no idea you actually liked him."

"Neither did he," Osamu chimed in, handing Kunikida his morning tea. "Neither did he."