Chapter 1: New and Old Friends

Touya's POV

As I walked up the hill, I saw Aspertia City, a feeling of anticipation flowed through me. I hadn't seen him in two years and now we're finally talking after so long! I took a deep breath and walked into the city.

Ever since Lenora told me she gave Cheren her position and her Herdier, I had been hoping to see how he was. I had gotten my Hydreigon, Pathor, my Gallade, and most important, Samurott out of my PC, and now was so close to seeing my old friend. I ran down to the school in town when I noticed a girl walking from it. Then I noticed her hat: a green beret. I recognized her at once.

"Bianca?"

The girl turned around. Through her glasses, I saw a glint of surprise.

"Touya!" Bianca exclaimed, "Haven't seen you for two years!"

I ran up to her.

"Long time no see, Bianca. How's Emboar?"

"He is doing great. And Samurott?"

"He's great. Did you also come to see Cheren?" I asked.

"No," she replied, "Professor Juniper sent me to give two new trainers their first Pokémon."

"How about a battle, for old times' sake?" I asked, "We could use this to show the new trainers what a battle looks like."

"Sure. Come on," she replied.

We went up stairs to a little area with four benches and a great view of the route below. I then turned around to see two boys and a girl running up the stairs. All three were two years younger than me or Bianca, and one wore clothes similar to mine.

"Excuse me!" The boy called out, "Are you the person who will give us our first Pokémon?"

"Yes," Bianca said showing a box with three Poké Balls inside. "What are your names?"

"I'm Nate," the boy replied, "This is my friend Hugh and my sister Rosa." Hugh had spiky blue hair and wore a red jacket. Rosa wore her hair in two buns and reminded me of my own sister Touko, who had become the Champion.

"My name is Bianca. Professor Juniper sent me to give you your first Pokémon. This is my friend Touya."

"After you choose your Pokémon, we want to show you what a battle is like, then let you try for yourselves," I added.

I saw Nate walk over and point to the Poké Ball on the right. He chose Tepig, the same Pokémon that Bianca chose. Rosa picked Snivy, the same one that Touko picked. Hugh already had his sights on Oshawott. Then Bianca turned to me. My heart beat faster as I knew what she would ask.

"Ready for our battle, Touya?" she asked as she took out her Poké Ball.

"You know it," I replied, taking my own out.

We threw our Poké Balls simultaneously. Light came out as they opened and released Emboar and Samurott. Emboar resembled a pig with two strong arms and a fiery beard. Samurott was blue with a shell like horn and a guard of the like on each leg. The two shook hands, a symbol of a longstanding friendship and rivalry.

"Ladies first," I said.

"Thank you," Bianca replied, "Emboar, use Arm Thrust!"

Emboar charged forward.

"Repel him with Hydro Pump!" I yelled.

A blast of water shot out of Samurott's mouth towards Emboar, but he jumped just in time.

"Counter with Flamethrower!" she ordered. Fire shot out of Emboar's nose, heading towards us.

"Parry it and use Razor Shell!" I ordered. Samurott used a sword in his foreleg to block the attack, then a blade of blue energy formed. Samurott took out the other sword and lunged at his opponent. Emboar set his fists on fire with his beard as he did the same. The two moved around the field with agility and strength in their strikes. Finally, the two clashed and pushed each other back.