Chapter 12: The Final Battle Part 1: Absofusion

Touya's POV

We went into the cave, with me holding Cassie's hand all the way to the deepest cave. Being frozen by Kyurem implanted that fear into her mind. Finally, we saw Ghetsis.

"So, you finally came," he smirked. "But it's too late. Kyurem! Show them why!" An extremely cold wind kicked up, and in front of us was the infamous Gray Dragon itself. Kyurem.

"It's you." Cassie shrank back at the sight of the yellow-eyed dragon of ice.

"Yes, little girl," Ghetsis smirked at Cassie's fear. "In the Giant Chasm, Kyurem can use its full power to freeze all of Unova! But not yet. You have been in my way for far too long!" he snarled. "But I do admire your strength. For making it this far, I will freeze you so you can watch my ascent!" He struck the ground with his staff. "Kyurem, use Glaciate!"

Kyurem roared and a cold air once again filled the cave. I knew the ice can be destroyed by Zekrom's lighting or Reshiram's fire. I tried to use the Disk of Ideals to create a shield, but the cold penetrated it as the icicles spun faster and faster. Finally, they stopped, and I whispered one thing.

"I'm sorry."

They came at us.

"Reshiram! Use Fusion Flare!"

A giant fireball flew down from above. It burst in midair, shattering the Glaciate attack.

"Fusion Flare?!"

"What?!" Ghetsis snarled.

"But that could only mean..." We saw a young green-haired man riding on the landing Reshiram.

"You!"

"N! What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm here to defeat Ghetsis, same as you, Touya," N said. "Reshiram told me Kyurem was suffering." Reshiram nodded.

"It's been two years, young Trainer. And I see you have grown, Nate and Rosa," it said telepathically.

"Nate, Rosa, Cassie, Travis, Tessa, and everyone else, this is Natural Harmonia Gropius. Or N for short. They're my friends, N. They love Pokémon same as you."

"I don't trust him though," Mewtwo growled, crossing his arms.

"You were created in Kanto by another evil team, right?" Mewtwo was shocked.

"H-how did you--"

"He can understand all Pokémon," I explained, smiling slightly at the Genetic Pokémon's reaction. "But enough talk for now. Let's take Ghetsis down!"

"Yes!" N yelled. "This region taught me how to live as a human. It showed me the bond between people and Pokémon. I will protect this region, no matter what!"

"You will be the ones taken down! N, I never forgot how you ruined my plans. I was going to use your power to rule Unova! But I'll forgive you. You brought to me the White Dragon. Once I use these, the DNA Splicers, I will be unstoppable!" He tossed a gray sphere into the air, and it became a triangle and extended into a fang-like object.

Then, it went into Kyurem.

Its eyes and yellow mark flashed. It reared up, and the ice on its wings shattered to leave a pair of tube-like appendages with the same wingtips. They then aimed forward at Reshiram.

"You will now know the true power of Kyurem!" the Team Plasma leader roared. Kyurem charged up energy and shot at the White Dragon. It flew up just in time, but Kyurem kept firing magenta blasts.

"We've gotta help!" I yelled. "Pathor, use Psycho Cut!" It destroyed four shots.

"Rio! Mega Evolve and join Genesect for a Strafer Maneuver!"