chapter 25

As most of the surviving legendaries were wiped out Pibby heard darkrais' voice sounding out inside of her head 'it is too late for me, call the champion and end this, also see that my love is protected'. Looking over the edge Pibby saw darkrai in the grips of a corrupted claw that had formed, darkrai was limp but still showed signs of struggle in his eyes.

Hovering above him blasting hyper beams at the claw but as expected they had no effect on the corrupted limb. The claw retracted into the black mass dragging darkrai with it but cresselia never gave up dealing attacks, even after darkrai disappeared under the corrupted surface.

Dialga had been defeated when it learned that the corruption wasn't affected by time and while dialga was in a trance looking for an opening in the past to strike it was pulled down by a corrupted tendril. Palkia was also caught when it opened a portal to another universe and was met with even more corruption that poured out of the portal above Palki and corrupted him.

All the legendaries on the ground were easy targets for the tidal wave of corruption that swept over the battlefield leaving only a few high spots clear thus how the regi's survived so long. Water legendaries like kyogre and lugia were trapped when nets of corruption in strands descended from the surface and swept them up like a trawl net. Flying legendaries were pulled out of the sky left, right and center as tendrils shot up and grasped at them from below.

Few legendaries kept their distance in their pursuit for a battle and was expected was drawn into the corrupted depths of the mass. The corrupted faces kept increasing with every captive.

Soon only five legendaries were left, Mewtwo, Mew, Cresselia, hoopa and Eternatus. The last one had survived due to the sheer amount of attacks it released. Even though the attacks were not effective they were released so fast it created walls of fire that pushed the corruption back. But at some point it had retreated into the sky to allow itself time to refill its fire so at the moment the five legendaries were just floating in the sky watching the moving mass below them.

It looked hopeless until a beam of pure light burst through the clouds and split the corruption in half but the corruption quickly molded back together but it was enough to draw everyone's attention to the clouds. Emerging from the black clouds that had gathered Arceus himself appeared. The five remaining legendaries including Eternatus looked relieved of his arrival.

As Arceus drew closer to the group Pibby asked Mewtwo ''who's that?''. 'That is Arceus, the creator of all pokemon' Mewtwo responded as Arceus came level with the small group. 'It appears I got here a bit too late, thank you Hoopa for carrying out my instructions but it seems like the army wasn't enough' Arceus said with a sad tone.