Chapter 1 - Liam's POV - By Jojo

I was at the dining room table finishing my breakfast when I got the call.

"Liam, haven't talked to you in forever, how's it going, mate?" Gary's - one of my old managers - gruff voice greeted me.

"Hi, Gary, what makes you call?" I was a bit worried, obviously this had something to do with One Direction, something I no longer wanted to be a part of.

"Oh, just wanted to see what's going on"

"Really? Seriously, if something's up, just tell me." At this point, I was getting quite aggravated with him beating around the bush.

"Ok, your former managers and I have been talking. We think it would be a great idea if you and the other boys joined together and had a reunion tour!" Obviously, he was excited about this. He probably thought it was the most brilliant idea in the world.  

But I didn't want to go back.  

I don't want to see the boys that use to be my 'brothers'. And I didn't want to see him.  

Niall.  

I hadn't spoken to him in two years, when One Direction broke up.  

Niam, the fans loved it but management hated it. They said we were to date a fan or an A-List celebrity, not each other. After Niall and I told everyone Niam was true, the media went crazy. We were all over the American tabloids. Fans were tweeting us encouraging things, while others only sent us hate. 

After a month, 1D started falling apart. Zayn was the first to leave, he said he couldn't take any more drama. Then Louis went, didn't even say why he left. Then Niall had a mental breakdown, the doctors said everything was getting to him, taking a toll of his body. Then there were two.  

Harry and I agreed that we couldn't carry on One Direction with just the two of us, and I hurt to much to find more members, so we just let it go.  

And that was the last I heard of them.

"So what do you think?" Gary asked, snapping me out of my trance.

"I think it's a terrible idea." I replied firmly. "If the other boys want to do a reunion tour, so be it, but I don't want any part of it"

"Come on, Liam, don't be that way, you know you miss it, the screaming crowds, the flashing lights, doesn't that intrigue to go back?"

"Not at all." I'll admit, it was overwhelming at first but, now, I don't want to go back, ever. "What did the other boys say?" I asked.

"They agreed, I'm just trying to figure out why you're being so sullen."

"I have my reasons..." My voice trailed off. Obviously, the other guys missed the fame they wanted it back. "I'll call you back."

"So you're going to think it over?" Gary asked hopefully.

"Yes." I replied. I hung up the phone, put my empty bowl in the sink, and walked up stairs to my room.

As I laid down on the bed, my last conversation with Niall all came back to me.

"So you're just gonna leave, just like that?" I had asked him after he told me he was leaving One Direction.

"I have to, my doctors said I couldn't do it anymore." He answered, shamefully looking down at the ground.

"What about us?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know, Liam"

I had wandered off into thought until he broke the awkward silence.

"I've been asking myself the same question, 'What're we gonna do, how are we gonna make it work', but the real question is, Liam, what are we gonna do when it all ends?"

He had walked out of the room before I had time to reply. And that was the last I'd seen of him.