𝐢𝐯. 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐞

ACT                ONE
SCENE        FOUR
CHAPTER FOUR

iv. his melancholy muse

           THE AMPHITHEATER WAS ROARING LIKE THE 20'S

THE AMPHITHEATER WAS ROARING LIKE THE 20'S. Brandy had promptly ditched Percy Jackson the Bathroom Warrior and Annabeth for clean, dry clothes, before dinner, she couldn't bare staying in the soggy and ruined ones she was wearing prior. Oscar Wilde always said 'one should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' which is something Brandy lived and died for, so whenever she wasn't at her finest, she made sure her wardrobe was.

It was a cold summer night, with nothing but her vintage black turtleneck and the cracking fire to keep her warm, and perhaps Percy's burning gaze. She couldn't blame him for his staring problem, though. He had been thrown into the dreamy world that was being a demigod so quickly, he ought to react in some strange way. Brandy sent a small smile back in return, still slightly weary but trying to give the boy the benefit of the doubt.

They clapped along to songs such as 'This Land is Mino's Land', 'Down By the Aegean', and 'I Am My Own Great-Great-Great-Great Grandpa'. Over an intense marshmallow debate Will Solace, the head counselor of Apollo's cabin, challenged Brandy to punctually sing along to Disney's Hercules "I Won't Say I'm In Love" which she swiftly shut down.

As the night grew older and more beautiful stars sparkled in the milky blanket that was the sky, Chiron and Mr. D retired to their bedrooms, which called for the fire to burn brighter as the activities became unsupervised.

Luke grabbed a chalice that was quarter-filled with nectar and raised a toast. "How about our very own, all original, Campfire Song? To the Gods!"

Everyone all around her raised a glass and shouted out in response while she began to fan her heated face, The Campfire Song always caused some sort of light hostility and/or trouble.

"Wait-what's the campfire song?" Percy wondered over all the other shouting voices.

Luke, ever the trouble maker, smirked down at the boy. "Just our little song that helps us express our appreciation to our omnipotent and all-powerful godly parents. Will, a little help?"

Will, the personification of sunshine, started strumming along on his beautiful, custom-made ukulele. Filling the Amphitheater with a growing hearth and his divine music.

Luke cleared his voice before loudly singing along to Will's chords. "Oh, things couldn't be worse when your parents run the universe-"

"Oh, things couldn't be worse when your parents run the universe!"

With the pure mischievous, child of Hermes glint in his eyes, Luke continued on.

      "My dad is Hermes, he messengers things, you'll know his sign by his shoes with those wings—"