what if i told you i'm a mastermind

Elena was frightened when she heard a knock on her door, a loud one. Elena could feel him behind the door, so she was purposely slow when she stood up and walked to the door.

He was aware that she was intentionally moving with zero rush, made him smirk. Was she really in love with him? After everything, many hated him and many desired him yet no one really loved him.

Elena sighed, opened the door and saw him in front her. "Well, well, Miss Gilbert"

"Klaus"

Klaus raised his eyebrows with the lack of hatred in her voice, making his way into the house. "When was the last time I have seen you? Yes, when you were cursed by the vampire hunter"

"You took care of me"

"Before your boyfriends fled you away" His voice was carrying some sort of anger, if Elena was not over analyzing. "You know, I was raged"

"I know"

After a little pause that seemed like a lifetime, Klaus was finally able to find the right words. "Elena what is it you want? Me? A life with me? Perhaps a picket fence I would-"

"Never settle for?" Klaus trailed for a second, raising his eyebrows before starting again. "I would consider, yet if that's how you presume-"

"So you would play the family?" Klaus let out a chuckle. "I would not, I would consider. Not every couple needs to have three children and two puppies"

"Are we a couple?"

"You are full of questions!" Klaus walked into he kitchen, searching for a drink. Elena followed him, quite angry. "I am only asking for the truth!"

"The truth? The girl who messaged me anonymously, lying about her identity wants to know the truth?" Klaus chuckled. "This is hilarious!"

"You are hilarious Klaus! You are an ass!"

"And you are still in love with me, says a lot about you"

Elena slammed her fist to the counter. "I did not choose the way I feel!"

"Sounds like you would not choose me"

"Sounds like you are hurt" Klaus stayed silent for a second before looking at the doppelgänger. "Disappointed, perhaps not hurt but disappointed by your choice of words"

"Do not force me into choosing them, then! Say something and please be fucking clear Klaus!"

The hybrid looked at the doppelgänger with emptiness. "I felt drawn to you, from the start. I could never deny it"

"Then what?" Elena moved closer to him, and he connected their lips.

It was the answer, it was clear.

and i swear
i'm only cryptic in Machiavellian
cause i care

the end