Chapter 1 ~

"I'll have a Iced Cream Macchiato please!" I said to the friendly Starbucks worker, who had weirdly enough never served us before, considering how much me and my best friend, Jenna, were actually in Starbucks.

"And can I take your name please?" replied the worker, marker at the ready to scribble down my name onto the polystyrene cup.

"Yeah, it's Ally." I said, digging in my handbag for my purse. I handed over £2.99, how much it usually cost for my favourite drink. The guy handed me my drink and myself and Jenna found a table.

We instantly plugged our phones in and connected to the free Wi-Fi. My phone suddenly buzzed. It was a Twitter notification:

@JennaJ - Starbucks date with @ally_collins

I favourited the tweet and locked my phone.

"So, how's it your Fine Art coursework coming along?" I asked Jenna, sipping my delicious drink. She rolled her eyes, she hated Fine Art.

"Awful, and Mrs Jensen hates me! What've I ever done to her?!" replied Jenna, exasperated. I laughed at her, just as her phone buzzed.

"It's my mum, dinner will be ready soon so I'll have to head home after this." said Jenna, waving her drink in the air.

"That's fine. I want to stop off at Vinyl Victory anyway, and I know how much you hate it in there!" I laughed. Jenna chucked as she replied to her mum's message.

Jenna hated that store. How could you not love it? Rifling through all of the records, some old, some current ones. It was my idea of heaven and her idea of hell.

We sipped at our drinks and chatted for a while longer, until Jenna had to leave. We walked out of Starbucks and onto the street. The wind was bitter, it was a cold winter night.

"Come to mind tomorrow? I'll text you." Jenna said as she pulled me into a hug.

"Yeah, I'm not doing anything so I'll come over, I'll text you when I set off." I reply, returning her hug.

"See you tomorrow!" she said, walking away in the direction of her house.

Shivering, I pulled my coat tighter around my body, and pulled on a pair of gloves to save my frozen hands. I headed in the direction of Vinyl Victory, my favourite record store on the high street. Who knows what you might find in there...