Chapter 8: School Day 1, Class

Kyle's POV
So I see Alex coming, oh and Johnnie! I'm guessing we have the same math class! Finally I get to meet him. So the teacher assigned us our seats, they called 7 other people until they called Alex, then my class didn't have any people last names that started with EF so they put Johnnie behind Alex and me behind Johnnie... that sucked a lot, I was kinda hoping I would sit next to or behind Alex... Oh well, now i have a better chance to meet him.

Johnnie's POV
So once Alex and I found out we have very similar schedules, she led me the way to math class, oh cool there's not a lot of people here, oh there's that Kyle kid, it wouldn't hurt if I just got to meet him, I don't know, but yeah, yes! I sit right behind Alex.
Once she heard my name being called to sit behind her, she turned around and gave me a smile. Gosh I want that smile, I wish she'll be mine soon.
After I smiled back, I heard that kid's name being called to sit behind me. Well we were given assigned seats by alphabetical order. Alex Dorame, Johnnie Guilbert, and Kyle something... I don't know his last name.
So yeah, I feel like this year will be a great year.

Alex's POV
So my morning was great!
So Johnnie sat next to me in the bus, that was a great feeling. I think I like him. He's been through so much and he's still fighting battles in life. I asked him if he wanted to go out for pizza with me after school, he hesitated but said yes.
Also I'm glad Kyle's in my class this year! It's been a while since Kyle and I have talked. He's my best friend. Should I invite him for pizza too? Yeah, also I want Johnnie to get to know Kyle so at least, if we're going to start dating.
I feel bad for Johnnie, his mom left last month and hasn't come back yet. I hope I could make a difference in his life.