Chapter 1

To those who clicked on my book, thank you for being here, I am so excited to bring this story to you and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you for being you. 10/31/2022.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like every Saturday morning I was back in Washingtons best "The Attic", which was the best coffee shop in the town of Leavenworth, well in my opinion. The wood floors creaked with joy and the smell of coffee traveled to your nose the second you walked in. I would like to say I'm their favorite guest because I am here 6 days a week, it would be 7 if they weren't closed on Wednesdays. Bummer.

"Hey April! It's nice to see ya this morning, are we doing the iced vanilla again?" Amy said with her usual kind voice. They know my order as soon as I walk in, how could this not be the best shop in Washington?

"Actually, I'm feeling a little fall-Ish this morning, surprise me with something that screams fall", I placed my bag on the round cornered table and she answered with a quick nod before greeting another guest. I was here every morning to get work done because my parents' house was a bit distracting, given I had two sisters and four brothers that were constantly all over the place. It was like a mini vacation every morning here and I loved it.

I always loved the corner of the coffee shop because its right near the window and its always raining in Washington, so it was a nice view. I watched the raindrops race down the window as I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Alright April here is your Coffee that screams fall" I looked over and I was greeted by a charming smile. Eli Shultz was another reason why this coffee shop was my favorite in Washington. Eli and I have been friends since we were both five, we practically grew up together and Ofcourse I've been in love with him since, but I couldn't ruin our friendship by telling him that right? I knew he didn't feel the same.

"Ahh thank you, it's not officially fall until you get a fall drink, right?" I smiled and took a sip of the pumpkin flavored coffee and my taste buds danced with joy from the hint of cinnamon. It definitely was giving off very much fall vibes. He laughed and pulled out the chair beside me. I adjusted my posture and turned my body over to face him. I've known this man for 20 years and I still get nervous, the sweaty palms kind of nervous.

"So, I have news... well I have big news" Eli looked at me with so much excitement and it made me smile because he was so adorable when he was excited. I know its cliche but if you could see this man, you would be head over heels too. He was tall but not giant tall, he has dirty blonde curls, and the perfect 5 o'clock shadow, his eyes were my favorite, they were dark green and big,  his eyelashes were long and curled. I could stare at him forever. April Focus.

I took another sip and gave him a nod inviting him to continue his story. He scooted in and adjusted his posture, and kept his eyes locked on mine.

"Okay so, as you know I had that interview last week at that brokerage I've been applying to for months and they finally got back to me, I finally got the job!" he grabbed my hand and squeezed it in joy. Butterflies flew through my palms all the way down to my stomach.

I placed my free hand on top of his hand, "Thats great Eli, I am so proud of you, you deserve it, you really do" I said while tapping the top of his hand.

He chuckled and shook his head at me, "I can always count on you to be my biggest supporter Brookie, we have to celebrate tonight, drinks?" I loved when he said my last name, well my last name is Brooks but since we were kids he always called me Brookie. He let go of my hand and got up pushing his chair back in.