Winged Forces

Rhaella landed in the Autumn Court, a mountain like palace elevating in the sky in front of her.

Would it be her new home?

June and Kalta weren't with her yet.

No.
The girls were still in Illyria, taking care and organizing the army like only they could.

Rhaella was good at planning attacks... But organization in peace or in between battles wasn't her strength, it was theirs.
They managed to keep the soldiers in line, making their exercises and they were incredibly good at keeping the former criminals from the Guild on the line.

So she was alone.

And she wasn't welcomed.

She frowned as she jumped off Sapphira only to realize there was no one there to help her with her bags, or to show her the way.

That is until she saw a red haired male running down the stairs of the palace and then, sprinting over to her.

Eris.

Her soon to be husband.

"Apologies." He said, almost out of breath.

"Where is your father?" Rhaella asked, looking around. "Or anyone for that matter?"

Eris visibly flinched.

"My father wanted us to be married... He didn't want you to be welcomed."

Oh.

Oh.

"So he does care about me being human." Rhaella nodded.

"And of you being an 'easy whore', as he likes to put it."

Rhaella couldn't tell by his tone if he thought the same thing as his father did.

"Then why are you here?" She asked, rolling her eyes and turning around to get her stuff, all of it hanging off Sapphira's sides.
The dragon purred as Rhaella pet her side slightly.

"You are to be my wife." Eris said as if that answered her questions.

"Many husbands don't talk to their wives... Most times they just fuck them and then congratulate them when they give birth to and heir." She shrugged.

"That doesn't have to be us. It sound like hell, if I'm honest." Eris chuckled.

Rhaella turned around slightly and squinted her eyes.

"This is an arrangement. Merely political. There is no love and, when I win the war, there will be nothing left for me in it." She turned fully to him and took a few steps towards the male. "I'm going to say this only once, Eris Vanserra, if you dare raise a hand to me or touch me without my consent, I won't hesitate to kill you."

Eris opened his mouth, but no words came out.

Rhaella pressed a bag onto his chest.

"Now, help me carry the bags and show me my rooms."

***

It was insulting how much effort Beron had put in this.

No servants could be seen in the hundreds of hallways they passed.
Not even a lord or a lady whispering to their friends.

Nothing.

Eris kept quiet too as he walked at a fast pace Rhaella had no trouble keeping up with.

"This is it." He gestured to a door. "Mine is the door right in front."