Chapter 3: Recovery

Risukuma is about to strike again when he snaps back to reality. He soon realizes what had unfolded when he sees the destruction and the three quivering in the closet.
"I-um... Sorry guys, must've been the fumes from the chemical I was working with~"
He laughs bashfully, holding out a paw to help them out. Ris helps them and the other students recover from the scare before beginning the cleanup process.
Ringo goes to clean her area, her puyos now scattered all over the table and floor. Tee goes to help her, plucking the puyos from the table while Ringo cleans the ones from the floor. She winced after bending over, crossing her arms over her stomach in pain. Tee looks to Ringo, fear flashing in his eyes.
"A-Are you alright? He hit you pretty hard."
"Yeah, I'm ok. I'm more worried about you, how's your waist?"
"I'm fine. I'm not hurt..."
Maguro walks over with a large smirk, leaning on the table.
"Are you two gonna flirt over here all day?~"
Tee and Ringo instantly look towards him, blushing intensely.
"We're not flirting!" Screams Ringo, grabbing Maguro's shoulders and shaking him angrily as he just laughs. Tee chuckles nervously, organizing the remainder of Ringo's experimental materials.

*Back at Ringo's house*

"Mom! We're home!"
shouts Ringo, letting herself in. Tee follows after her, watching her devour another apple before going to talk with her mother in the shopfront. Tee removes his shoes and heads towards O, who is still resting on the couch. Tee kneels down and begins to examine his assistant before frowning. "Get better soon O, Ex must be worried about the lack of reports..."
As Tee whispers to his partner comfortingly, Ringo walks back in. She stopped at the scene and looked on in anguish. Tee notices her enter and faces Ringo,
"He's still in bad condition... How will I make my reports to Ex? He's going to think we're all dead!" Tee fretted, his eyes beginning to water. Ringo froze, she watched the Tetris King begin to breakdown as he wrapped his arms around O.
Ringo couldn't understand what she was feeling. Her face felt hot and felt like she was seeing through rose-colored glasses. She blushed and turned away, Why now? Why do I have to feel this way when he's in such a state... She thought guiltily before realizing that Tee had stood up and approached her.
"Ringo, are you alright?"
"GAH! UH-YEAH! Absolutely!"
"Really..? You seemed a little umcomfortable when I was with O..."
"Sorry, I was just overwhelmed by the fact that... you were... sad.."
"So, you don't want me to be sad?"
"NO! I mean, yes? You can experience emotions but it's just that I'm not used to you being sad."
"How so?"
"Well, you're usually this confident captain who always knows what to do. But, just now, you looked so unsure and depressed..."
"I see.... Well, thanks."
"'Thanks? For what?"
"For worrying about me. It feels like forever since I've felt like this..."
"You're very welcome!~"