Prologue

~Lux~

As I slipped the mask across my face I felt empowered. I felt comfident. I felt like the real me.

With my brown hair cascading down my shoulders my black leather jacket and red tank top both fitting me perfectly, moving in sync with me. My skinny jeans and combat boots complete my outfit.

God if any of the kids at school saw me they wouldn't recognize me. They wouldn't see my girly, brainy self. They would only see me as my real self. They would shake in terror.

My bright blue eyes contrast my naturally tanned skin. I am beautiful and so guys look at me, but I never gave any of them a glance.

I step into the arena and I hear the cheering. I watch as the announcer says my 'name'. "And in the Red Corner it's the one, the only. The reigning champion The Red Mask!!" I throw my hands up and the crowd roars to life.

This is my elememt. This is my life. This is the real me.

As the bell goes off my opponent charges and I prepare myself to fight. Because this isn't just for the money. This isn't just for the glory. This, this is for my need to prove to her. My mother that I can protect myself. So that she wouldn't worry or call me weak again. And no one here would even dream of it. Not even the last reigning champion would.

And I will always fight to never reach that level of pittifulness.

<---------------------------
The Red Mask!!!!