Chapter 17

Benkei

I just got off the phone with (n/n). I've been gone for about two weeks. I'm leaving tonight to surprise her. I was suppose to be gone another few days but having her call me crying made me decide to cut my trip short. I know Shin has been taking good care of her. She's eaten dinner with the Sanos almost everyday since I left and Shin has checked on her everyday sometimes multiple times a day. When (n/n) called me crying she wouldn't tell me what it was about. I didn't push for an answer. I know she will tell me eventually.

I start to pack my things. I didn't bring a lot. Just my clothes. I didn't need much while I was here. I didn't tell (n/n) why I left. I'm not sure I ever will. How the hell am I suppose to tell her I came here to see a girl especially now after she called me crying. This wasn't the first time she called me crying while I was gone but this is the first time she begged me to come home. I don't bring the girls I talk to back home to mine and (y/n) place. I don't want to bring someone into her life that I don't know will be staying in it. The girl I came to see had left about twenty minutes ago to go to the store. I didn't tell her I was leaving early. I walk out into her kitchen and write a note telling her I have to leave and I'll be in touch. She doesn't know I have a little sister that I'm basically raising. I suppose I should tell the girls I see that especially if I ever want a long relationship. I told one girl. I even introduced her to (n/n) but that was a few years ago. It was my last year of school and (N/n) was a lot younger then. She always wanted all of my attention. She didn't want to share me with someone else. The girl thought it was cute I was taking care of my younger sister. Said something along the lines of I'd be a great father.

The girls name was Ayaka. Everything with her was going well and she seemed to like the fact that everything I did I did for (n/n). I had to grow up fast and be the parent and brother she needed. The day I introduced them I thought would be great. I thought her and (n/n) would get along great. She seemed so excited to meet her and (n/n) said she couldn't wait to meet her "big sister" as she liked to call her. I set up for us to watch a movie and have dinner. Ayaka seemed okay with the idea. She was okay watching the kids movie I told her I had picked out. It was (n/n) favorite. She even agreed to the restaurant I had mentioned. Again it was (n/n) favorite. When we met me at the apartment she came in all excited to meet (n/n). (N/n) hid behind my back and kept peaking her out to look at Ayaka but would quickly hide behind me again. Ayaka laughed and tried talking to her but (n/n) wouldn't leave my side and kept hiding.

We watched the movie and ate our dinner. I noticed through out the night Ayaka had gotten quiet and short when speaking to me. She stopped trying to talk to (n/n) even when (n/n) started to warm up to her and try to talk to her. It was getting on my nerves but I thought maybe she just didn't know what to say and brushed it off. After we ate (n/n) went to her room to play while I cleaned up dinner. Ayaka came up to me and started complaining about how I do so much for (n/n). She complained about how she had to sit next to me and wanted my attention all night.

"Is she always like that?" Ayaka asked me. She was standing next to me with her arms crossed. "Like what?" I replied. I was confused what she was talking about. (N/n) acted the same way she always does with me and around new people. I didn't think anything was wrong with it.

"Like always glued to your side and starved for your attention" she said with an attitude. I was taken back. Is she mad I'm close to my sister? I don't see the issue. I'm all she has. "We are very close. We always have been" I tell her she rolls her eyes. I just continue to look at her. "So after we graduate what's going to happen to (y/n)" she asked me walking infront of me. "What do you mean?" I had asked her. It's obvious what's going to happen right? "Well is she going to be staying with another family member or something? You can't have her forever" my eyes widened at her. Send (n/n) to someone else wasn't even a thought and it pissed me off with her assuming I'd just throw my sister away after I finish school. I'd never put her out. She always has a place with me and I can't imagine my life without her in it. "Why would I send her somewhere else?" I asked sounding confused. "Well it was cute while we were in school but it would be an annoyance after graduation. I mean she's a cute kid and all but I wouldn't want to spend my life raising someone else's problem and I definitely don't want to live with her."