One Friend Stays, One Friend Goes

Thomas was on his way home from school, he liked school. He got good grades, was great at making friends, and he also had his bike. Nothing was unreachable in the state of Alabama, not for Thomas at least. He was a fast kid, who was a little stronger than everyone else. He was also a very handsome fellow. The only problem was his psychotic little brother Andrew. Thomas wasn't a person who liked to pick fights, nor did he like continue them either. His brother on the other hand had been kicked out of multiple schools, which was the only thing that Thomas disliked about his life. That he always had to move. He only got to Alabama a few days earlier. Before that he lived In Georgia. He had loved Georgia. He was born their. He loved seeing new places though, he didn't like moving.

The new school he went to was just near the border of Alabama and Georgia, and his mom said he could visit some day soon. The new kids at the school were really different than the other kids at his old school. The kids at Alabama were as strong and as smart as Thomas, sure he missed is old friends but to him these guys learned at the same capacity as he did. He and his parents thought it was a better learning environment then his old school. The kids at his school all went by nicknames. The kids names were Jerry "The Tank" Demario, Susan "Salamander" Hernandez, Arnold "The Chooser" Dickenson, Xyandu "Searcher" Gomez, Chase "Soda Pop" Faucel, and Delaney "Smuggler" Marsh.

Jerry and Chase love the forest. They thought Thomas would like to come. Jerry asked Thomas "Want to go out back in my yard tonight and have a bonfire with marshmallows". Thomas didn't like marshmallows, but he too loved the wilderness. Thomas replied "I'd love too". On his way home to school with Jerry and Chase, their was a fence blocking their normal way home. Thomas brainstormed with the others for hours. He was thinking till he saw a stray dog climb up onto a trash can and jump over the fence to the other side. Thomas suggested they do the same. At first Chase didn't like the idea because he broke his toe a week before Thomas came. The toe was still swollen. Jerry liked how idea and offered to test that idea. Jerry tried it and his shoe got caught on a stray piece of wire sticking out of the fence. His shoes weren't in the best condition because Jerry's family is quite poor. The sole of the shoe just popped right off. Thomas offered to replace the shoe or try to fix it. Thomas never goes anywhere without his emergency kit. His mom made that a rule when his brother got kicked out of his first school. The emergency kit has Scissors, duct tape, goz, string, a needle, an emergency phone, a flashlight, and super glue. Thomas tossed the glue bottle to Jerry, who plays Cornerback on the school football team and is really talented at it. Jerry easily caught it and with a small squirt, glue came out of the bottle and on to his shoe sole. He spread it around with a bookmark and squeezed them together. Now it was Thomas' turn to jump. Thomas leaped up onto the trash can and with a small thud. The focus that was displayed on Thomas' face was of no compare. Thomas joked around by saying "One small leap for mankind" and jumped. He made it without touching the top of the fence and a small thud when he hit the ground. It was Chases' turn to jump now. Chase was frightened that he may injure his toe even more so he went around. Fifteen minutes later he came back and he looked terrified. He had told them "Guys, Guys!!!! I went around the fence and these crazy people carrying guns called me a trespasser on their property when I was standing in the parking lot of a Seven Eleven. I ran inside the store and asked for the owner. The owner walked out and I told him that these crazy people with guns have threatened to shoot me because I was on their property when I was walking in your parking lot. then that manager guy walked up to them and the crazy guy shot his head off. I ran and I am so scared. The doctor told me not to run but I ran like my life depended on it, WHICH IT DID!!!!" Thomas was shocked, but Jerry called Chase a liar and then Chase was just furious, nothing but anger in his eyes. Chase tried to ignore Jerry because Jerry sometimes got that way. Thomas knew that Chase was telling the truth just by the look on his eyes and the way he told them. He also knew that Jerry was just jealous because he didn't have a story like it. He didn't say that out loud because he didn't want to damage the friendships he had with Jerry and Chase.

When we got to Jerry's house, Chase went to the spot and started to make the fire. I went to follow Chase, but Jerry held me back. He told me "I don't like how Chase lied, want to ditch him". Thomas was at a loss for words. He was baffled. Thomas took a few seconds to think about his answer, and he replied "I think i'm going to stay". Jerry instantly became furious and screamed "WELL I GUESS I WILL GO ALONE WON'T I!" and started running off and crying. Thomas walked over to Chase, and whispered, "I know you were telling the truth about the Seven Eleven and the guy being killed, we should go now, they may have followed us". Chase quietly replied "Sounds like a plan, should we go to your house or mine".