Chapter 1: The Friendly Neighborhood Sheriff

The problem with being the sheriff was that, it came with nothing in return.

Let's be honest here, his Empire was more so a plot of land ran by the villagers that lived there. They elected the mayor and it wasn't Jimmy. He was more so the international law and foreign affairs man. He did nothing but catch bandits and talk about trading with other Empires.

He didn't earn money, he didn't get recognition, he just became the poster boy of the land.

The other emperors believed that he was the leader of his land.

Everytime he talked about the stock, about the people, about the businesses, he sounded professional. It wasn't any of his ideas, everything was of the villiagers. He was just there to do the dirty work that the mayor didn't want to so.

"Howdy sir, you reckon that we have more iron for the tracks today?" He asked, tipping his hat the the mayor.

He grumbled nodding his head. The mayor seemed to hate Jimmy with a passion but he did work for free. "Should be there."

Jimmy tipped his hat again as he left, walking through the town and past all the buildings. Villiagers were wandering around, many looked troubled but there was nothing he could do to help. The mayor was a corrupt man and he would stay for another three weeks before reelection.

"Howdy, Sheriff!" He turned to see some of the children running up to him. They were all dirty, probably from playing on the tracks.

"Howdy kids, what did I say about playing on those there tracks?" He asked, eyebrow raised.

"Not t'." One of them said with a sigh. For some reason, they adored the tracks despite how many times Jimmy was sent to pick them up and taking them to the clinic from injuries.

"Youse know its dangerous. I don't wanna take y'all to the doc again, she'll be mad at me."

"Yes Sheriff." They all said before running off towards the markets.

He shook his head with a tsk. The sooner he got to the tracks, the safer they will be once he fixes them up.

He took the shortcut through the streets, occasionally greeting a neighbor or tipping his hat until he reached the rail tracks.

As usual, they were all rusty. They had been rusty for years, even before Jimmy had become the Sheriff. It was a hard job to replace the rails and even then, a new one would break after a few days. They just didn't have enough iron to keep up. He sighed, making a mental note at how much iron he should get from False. She was generous in her donations, even sending some of her heavy lifters to bring them to Tumble Town.

Picking up a few of the iron tracks, he went over to a rusted part of the rails. They were heavy but working on them everyday for the past few years of living there made it tolerable. He had to haul the solid iron off from False's kingdom to the blacksmiths and then had to bring it all the way back to the rails. It was tasking but seeing the progress made him feel better.

It was about midday when he heard the sound of his timer. It was clipped to his belt and rung everytime he should check on the gunpowder farms. Nobody took the job of working in those farms so it was all up to Jimmy, his job alone. They were dangerous but Jimmy was expendable. He was free labor that didn't need workers rights like the rest of the town.

He flinched as more explosions rained from above him but he was used to it to some extent. He sometimes took his lunch break at the farm to make sure the gunpowder process was running smoothly.

He filled as many vials as he can, coughing at the foul aroma of gunpowder that stung his nose and eyes. It was rough but eventually he had bagged most of the gunpowder to bring to town.