laenyra velaryon

"Fire cannot kill a dragon."

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Laenyra Velaryon ]

 | Leh - Nee - Ruh |

Laenyra the Half-Dragon

Laenyra the Half-Dragon. The Fire Twin — The twin who lived.

Daughter of Rhaenyra Targaryen and Laenor Velaryon (Ser Harwin Strong rumored to be the true father of Rhaenyra's children).

Younger sister of Jacaerys Velaryon, twin of Lucerys Velaryon, and older sister of Joffrey Velaryon.

Allegiance to House Targaryen – Blacks.

Princess Laenyra Velaryon, nicknamed Laera, is a princess of the Targaryen dynasty, and the third born child of named Heir Rhaenyra Targaryen. She is the rider of the dragon Silverwing. Although presented as legitimate, Laenyra along with her brothers are in truth bastards fathered by Ser Harwin Strong.

Laenyra was proud and stubborn. There was a certain petulance to her small mouth. She was similar to her mother when she was a child. Though lacking in the resemblance of their appearance, their similar personalities made up for it. Her twin, Lucerys Velaryon, was known to be an anxious boy ever since he was a kid. He spoke with his head low, walked with small strides, and kind with his words. Laenyra on the other hand spoke loudly and proudly. She finds herself to always be by her twin's side, joined by the hip, as their mother would call it. Luke was later named the water twin, while Laera, the fire twin. Opposite sides of the same coin.

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Silverwing ]

Silverwing was a silvery she-dragon of House Targaryen

Silverwing was a silvery she-dragon of House Targaryen. She was ridden by Queen Alysanne Targaryen, and now by Laenyra Velaryon during the Dance of the Dragons.

Silverwing has been described as a silvery dragon. She was considered relatively docile and friendly to strangers. Silverwing often coiled with Vermithor. Silverwing returned to Dragonstone after Alysanne's death, where she made her lair in one of the smoking caverns of the Dragonmont. She remained there, riderless, until a 10 year old Laenyra crawled into the dragon's lair and sang her a song, ultimately bonding with her.

"Send me to the ends of the earth and wed me to the King of Mossovy or the Lord of the Grey Waste, Silverwing will always bring me back to Jaehaerys."

— Alysanne Targaryen.

"Silverwing had carried her to Oldtown, to the Wall, and to a thousand places in between, and Alysanne saw them all as few others ever would, looking down from above the clouds."

— Words of Gyldayn.

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───