Prolouge

Nobody's life is perfect. It's not all sunshine and rainbows. For Aphrodite Sinclair it really wasn't the case. At thirty one years old her life hadn't gotten any easier.

Aphrodite grew up in New York City, New York with a drunk and abusive father. There's no need to go into details now about that. Though her mother was a submissive woman not knowing how to escape that life of horror. Mysteriously when her father passed away her mother and her moved up to Manhattan. It just so happened to happen before her eighteenth birthday.

Out of high school Aphrodite immediately jumped into the military hoping to save those, protect those who couldn't themselves. She enlisted in the Army and soon enough she was drafted off to Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran. For nearly ten years she served her country and she was proud of it.

After disassembling from the military she took her time becoming a officer of the law and eventually a detective. In late 2011 she joined the SVU team in Manhattan where she, to her dismay, was partnered with a cocky, arrogant, smartass for a partner.

She got close to all of the great detectives there. She looked up to her Sergeant Olivia Benson and listened to her orders. Her partner wasn't easily compliant. She older brother figures in Fin Tutuola and Nick Amaro. Nick was easiest to get along with. Amanda Rollins became a sister to her too. John Munch was weirdly more of a father figure than a friend to her. Regardless, all of them were family to her. Unfortunately that included Dominick "Sonny" Carisi. She never understood him.

She stayed with the team for nearly two years before transferring and moving without as little as a goodbye. Olivia was the only one aside from her Captain who knew the circumstances. Olivia was never one to judge. One more than one occasion she actually understood.

There were many reasons for her transferring. Though I guess she didn't really transfer. After a few additional training in good old Quantico she was granted a promotion into being a FBI agent. As a lady in her field of work it didn't take long for the SSA Unit Chief of the BAU to take notice of the woman. She was then brought onto the team. Of course that was after the little assessment she'd been given to see if she was fit for the team.

Aphrodite took a quick liking into being a FBI agent. She loved the power, yes, but it felt more meaningful to be able to travel over the states saving people and taking care of serial killers.

Aaron Hotchner was quickly observed as the father of the group making sure nobody fucks up and stays on task and healthy. Penelope Garcia, with her beauty and grace was the overprotective mother watching everybody's backs and ensuring nobody forgot anything. Emily Prentiss was the second mom before her departure keeping up the positivity and lending a helping hand or words of encouragement to keep moving forward. JJ was her honorary sister from another mister. They got close very quickly. Alex Blake was a tough cookie to crack. She wasn't much for sharing emotion much like Spencer Reid who she sees as her little brother though he's older than her. His genius mind peaked her interest though confused her a great deal. His antics with fellow member Derek Morgan also made her laugh or simply smile. Derek showed more characteristics of a older brother the way he consistently teases everyone. That leaves the co-founder of the BAU. David Rossi was much like a father to her as well. He took her under his wing and taught her right from wrong. He was always there for her and her shoulder to cry on when needed.

She created a second family with these people.

I should mention it wasn't long after her departure to Virginia she mother soon passed. Years earlier she was diagnosed with stage four breast cancer and it was only time until she lost her battle. She was relatively weak and had trouble even get up some days. After time she got accustomed to living in a hospital bed until she drifted off into the night to the other side.

With three years with the team her constant traveling became a norm. Periodically she'll call or text Amanda, Nick or Olivia. Not very often though.

In present day 2014, the team had just gotten off the jet from Cleveland after dealer with a psychotic vigilante killer. As they head back to the office JJ and Aphrodite sneak each other concerned expressions before diving off into different directions.

Aphrodite's wavy brown hair bounces as she heads for her desk to pick up the remainder of her belongings.

"Heading home already?" Morgan teases.

She chuckles lightly, "heading to New York actually. Hotch says I don't take enough time off for myself. He ordered me to take a week vacation."

Derek shrugs, "you stay after every case and are here before everyone else is. He's right about you needing time off."

She smiles briefly, "I can't help that my mind doesn't want to sleep when my body does."

He laughs at her thick New York accent as it is voiced. "Who are you seeing while you're over there?"

"Staying in a nice hotel and will see my old team in Manhattan. At least some of them will be happy to see me," she mutters the last part.

"What did you say?"

"Don't worry about it," she assures, "my plane leaves in under two hours so I better get going. My old Captain is expecting me in the morning."

She waves him goodbye before stepping into the elevator. Before the doors close a familiar face slides between the doors. She tips the corners of her lips up giving him a little nod.

As the elevator doors close she sighs. "I don't like keeping secrets, Cruz."

Mateo Cruz or better known as Matt Cruz stands beside her. He huffs, "you know it's not a choice."

"I think they're getting suspicious, at least of me. I just wish to tell them we're on assignment."

"I know, Alfie."

Alfie was a nickname used for her friends and family. She let it slide with Cruz.

"I can't keep doing to this, Matt," she says as the elevator doors open again. She steps out heading to her car ready for the airport.

As she drives she plays some old blues on the radio. She taps her fingers slowly as she drives through the busy streets to Virginia. She hums to the songs as each plays through.

Driving down a nearly secluded street she looks around the dimly lit road in the dark. Though she is quickly sidetracked as a SUV rams into the passenger side of her small Sedan.

Her car flips once or twice instantly knocking her unconscious for a minute.

Her eyes slowly flutter open peering at her surroundings. Her vision is blurry but she's able to make out two figures walking towards her as she unclasps her seatbelt pulling her bloodied and bruised body out of the car. She doesn't make it far before a cloth is placed over her mouth making her squeal. Though she didn't have much of a chance. Her body goes limp and her eye lids fall shut again.

 Her body goes limp and her eye lids fall shut again