Chapter 1

It was just one year ago. I had been walking down the beach holding hands with the only man I thought I would ever love. His name was Bryson. He had shorter hair and it was always spiked in the front. We had dated for about 2 years. My family always goes to the west coast over the summer and they let me invite him with one year. That was just last year. I thought I was the coolest thing ever. We both were 17 and had our drivers license. We would drive around till early in the sun went down and then we would walk the beach kicking water at each other or pushing each other. It was just the average day when everything had happened.

"Mom we are leaving! See you at sunset!" I yelled up to my mom, who was doing laundry, as I left with Bryson.

"Jenna hurry up," Bryson said impatiently sitting in the drivers seat. It was his turn to drive since I drove yesterday.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" I hollered back running to the other side of the car. I always loved summer because it meant I could have the top down and the wind could blow threw my hair. The red mustang convertible was the car I got for my sweet sixteen from my grandparents.

"I can't believe school is starting in 3weeks," Bryson said when we stopped at the stop light.

"I know!" I said " it's kind of depressing. That means we will have to leave in 2 days, but at least we got a nice tan. Plus I got a lot of cute new sandals and shorts to back at home."

"Yeah and they make you look totally gorgeous," he said as the light turned green and he went. He didn't look both ways to make sure everyone was stopped and no one was coming. There was a huge truck that was coming. By the time the guy noticed he went threw a red light he had t-boned us. The car went airborne and flipped once causing us to run into the other traffic lane and turning it into a 3 car accident. The 3rd car was a taxi. No one was hurt there and I was fine but Bryson wasn't he had been hit really hard. Blood was gushing out of his head, his arm had a bone sticking out and the broke of and metal was gouged into his stomach.

"Bryson!" I screamed even tho he was right there.

"I love you," he said to me and shut his eyes

"Open your eyes Bryson. Everything is going to be ok." I knew he wasn't going to make it but I had to comfort him.

"Goodbye Jenna. Tell you mom and dad thanks for bringing me with I had a lot of fun." He said and started at me.

"Bryson I love you don't leave me!" I said to him realizing he wasn't breathing anymore. I reached over to feel for his heart beat. Nothing. I heard the sirens growing louder and louder. When they got there they went to us first I got out of the car because I thought I was fine only to find my foot was stuck and I couldn't move it. They cut it out and laid me in an ambulance bed.

"Everything is going to be ok" the lady in the ambulance told me.

"Is he going to be?" I asked even though I knew he was already dead.

"I'm afraid not." She said. I began to cry. When I got to the hospital I saw mom and dad. They came and gave me a big hug and they were glad I survived

"I am so sorry to hear that Bryson died." My mom said with tears in her eyes

"He was the best boyfriend you've brought home." My dad said "he always went fishing with me and helped me in the shop"

"Before he died he told me to tell you thank you for bringing him with and that he had a lot of fun." I said in tears again.