Chapter 2

"Come on Jenna! Hurry up or we are going to miss the bus!" My brother Tyler yelled.

"I'm coming just hold your horses." I said putting my shoes on. The first day of school is going to be hard. Bryson would always walk me to my class but now he's not there anymore. His funeral was very sad. Apt of kids from school came and all his close friends cried, and believe me, I thought I would never see those guys cry.

"Tyler?" I began asking "do you ever wonder how something would be if something happened differently."

"Yes Jenna, I do." He replied "I always wonder what it would be like if we didn't have a private jet and we all didn't have our own expensive cars." My brother was 16 and just got his car the same time I got my new one. "I sometimes wonder if people would hate me less. I feel like everyone hates me because I have so much even though they have basically the same."

"I know how you feel." I said "Last year I hated going to school because everyone would look at me weird and Bryson was the only one who understood me. Once we started dated everyone seemed to want to be our friend"

"You're saying I need a girlfriend to have other friends?" He asked curiously

"No, you just need to be friendly and keep an open mind." I told him hoping it would make Him feel better. Once we got on the bus we realized summer was over, the nasty over powering smell of annoying little kids and wasted time reminded me of all the horrible bus rides.

"I think we should just take turns driving to school." Tyler mumbled.

"I agree!" I whispered back. We took our seat in the back of the bus and sat together so we didn't have to sit next to a smelly stranger that we didn't like.

Once we got to school I walked in the door and everyone was staring at me. I checked all over to see if I forgot to pull a price tag off somewhere, checked to see if my shirt was on, and see if my skirt rode up, or worse, was at my ankles.

"Jenna I missed you this summer." Jeff came up and talked to me "I thought about you when I was with my step sisters snorkeling."

"That's a little creepy." I said hopefully not looking as disgusted as I felt.

"I feel really bad for how it ended with you and Bryson." He told me.

"We got in a car accident and he died right in front of my eyes!" I replied half yelling "If you're trying to 'feel bad' it's clearly not work or you would have a better approach on that. What do you seriously want?" After I said it i thought about how harsh it sounded. I kinda felt bad, and a plus, he was kinda cute.

"Im sorry, you're right I should have had a better approach, but I do feel bad. I just think you're beautiful and was wondering if you umm...wanted to go out sometime?" He nervously asked putting his hands in his pockets.

"Ok, but just to get things off my mind and have a little fun." I said. The bell rang signaling it was time to head to first hour. I swear I could just skip the whole first day. All the teachers do is tell us their expectations.

"Welcome back students." Ms. Lark scream enthusiastically. I had drama as first hour. I love acting and all, but the teacher is super rude. No gum, cellphones "up up and away" meaning up on the table up in the corner and off. She also did this stupid name thing on the board, and her after school detention was horrible.

I decided not to put my phone away and was texting in class. Sadly I got caught. "Jenna I'm just going to let you off with a warning this time" she explained "I under stand its the first day of school also the most boring, but there is no texting in class."

"Sorry." The text message was from Jeff. He was asking when and where. I told him to meet me at my locker after class and we could discuss it.

"Bring this sheet of paper back sign my a parent and I will give you 5 extra credit points" Ms. Lark said yelling to us as we were all leaving to get to 2nd hour. I was walking to my locker and I saw Jeff there already.

"I say we have it at that new semi fancy restaurant by the salon." Jeff said for an idea.

"I haven't been there yet. Sounds good. How about tonight at 6?" I asked

"I'll pick you up." He replied with a deep flirty voice that made me giggle.