( CHAPTER THREE - PROMISED TO A PRINCE )

[ act i - forced to love ]
CHAPTER THREE
( promised to a prince )

———— RHAENYRA PACED THE CASTLE WALLS, after the council meeting and her ideas turning into plans she searched for her daughter

———— RHAENYRA PACED THE CASTLE WALLS, after the council meeting and her ideas turning into plans she searched for her daughter. The princess had searched all dragon pits, even ones she knew her daughter had never seen to, all her cousins and siblings rooms had been checked yet the brunette velaryon girl was no where to be seen. After an hour of wondering the princess' younger brother was seen running around the castle, she grabbed the back of his shirt making him look to her, "where is rhaelys?" she questioned the boy.

Aemond rolled his eyes and straightened his vest, standing firmly in front of her; "i don't know," he said shrugging, "last i saw rhae, she was with father" he held his head up before walking off from her again.

The little help she had received led her to her fathers chambers, the guards waiting outside bowed their head as she entreated.
"And this is us, our castle" King Viserys was heard, Rhaenyra watched from behind the ajar door at her father holding her daughter close to him, as he explained the model he spent years previous carving.

"so when mother is gone, and i am queen, this will all be mine" Rhaelys turned to her grandsire with greedy eyes. The truth was, King Viserys was the only person who knew the thirst his only granddaughter had to rule, he knew of her dream to be able to rule over seven kingdoms and fly dragon back while exploring the many wonders with no one telling her to do otherwise, he softly nodded to her.

Looking up from his nod Viserys caught eye of his daughter, "ah, Rhaenyra" he said making Rhaelys look to the door to see her mother.

Rhaenyra entered the room, shutting the door behind her to walk towards her daughter and father, "i've been looking for you everywhere" she held her daughters shoulder.

"i was with grandsire" Rhaelys replied innocently smiling, she knew her mother was searching for her. As Aegon previously had already told her the news, he told her to run away and never return but she was stubborn and hated doing anything a man had told her too; Aegon was no man she knew but he had the parts she thought.

"Rhaelys, i wish to speak with you. Regarding the topic of our last council meeting, regarding you" said Rhaenyra, stepping back to let her daughter reach of her grandsire's knee. The king smiled to her as she stood, comfortably rubbing her back before kissing the younger girls forehead and letting her leave.

While the two walked the castle halls, reaching the balcony Rhaenyra stood in front of her eldest; seeing the innocence glimmer in Rhaelys eyes she realised what she had done, what she had signed her not even of age daughter up to. She lowered her head, looking down as she spoke "you are ten and two Rhaelys, although you might think that young i was already married at ten and six. Aegon is already ten and five, and you see—"

"we are betrothed" Rhaelys interrupted her, making her mother look at her in shock "Aegon already told me" she said plainly.

Rhaenyra looked away in guilt, "i hope you know this is for the best, you are to be queen and he is the kings first born son" she said. The purple tone eyes of her daughter was the only true Targaryen symbol of her, and they were now glossy, tears fountained on her water line. "He will treat you well my dear, i promise you" the princess strocked her daughters hair, yet for the first time she moved away, Rhaelys turned her head away from her mothers hand.