Pt 1 Ch 1: 𝘏𝘢𝘸𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘴

I smiled big as I saw the sign reading "Welcome to Hawkins." The road trip from Washington to Indiana is not fun. A thirty-two-hour trip was exhausting, especially since I drove the entirety of it, only stopping for gas and sleep.

I pulled into the little house that belonged to my cousins, the Byers. I saw my aunt waiting for me out front. Her whole expression changed as I pulled in. She squealed and ran for my car. I couldn't believe my Ferrari Testarossa could drive so far. Thankfully, it wasn't dirty from all the dirt roads.

I parked the car and Joyce ran up to the driver-door. I opened it and got out. "ADDIE!" she exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug. "We missed you so much!"

"Hi, Aunt Joyce," I said, beaming with excitement. "I missed you so much too!"

"Well, the boys are inside waiting for you. I'll get your stuff out, if you want, while you go inside and say 'hi' to Jonathan and Will. How does that sound?" she asked, still smiling

"That sounds good," I responded.

I walked up the doorsteps and went into the house. I knocked on the door to reveal my presence. Will peered around the corner and then saw me. His face lit up and he ran for me. "ADDELINE!" he yelled, running into my arms hugging me as tight as he could with his lanky arms. "I've missed you so much!"

"Me too, Willy. Me too," I hugged him back as it gave me the happiness that I had lost previously from leaving my home, but it was for the best.

After Will let go, Jonathan emerged and hurried to me. "Addie!" he smiled in his breathy voice.

Jonathan hugged me. He pulled away and smiled. "I missed seeing you," he said before I could talk.

"Me too," I admitted. "I am so excited to live here with you. This will be amazing and good for all of us."

"I agree," Joyce grunted walking through the door with most of my stuff.

"Oh my gosh, thank you," I said taking it from her.

"No problem," she said breathlessly.

"Jonathan," she said, catching his attention. "Can you show Addie to her room, please?"

"Oh yeah, no problem," he said, grabbing the big suitcase that I couldn't quite fit in my hand.

He led me to an empty room by his, across from Will's. "Here ya go," he said. "I know you probably might want to get settled in for tonight, so I'll leave you be. Besides, I have homework from Mr. Hauser."

"Thanks, Jonathan," he turned to leave. "Jonathan?"

"Uh huh?" he responded turning back around.

"I'm gonna need some help navigating your school and all my classes," I began.

"Don't you worry about that," he said assuringly. "I will help you with anything and everything."

"Thank you so much," I said hugging him.

"It's my pleasure," he said smiling bright.