Chapter Five

~

Recap; 

'Holten is my boss. He has been my boss for four years, and I never even knew him.' I say, shocked pulling up my laptop and getting right to work trying to figure out what I wanted to feature in this weeks column and blog.

'Now's your chance to know him.' My inner demons spoke up and this time, I had to wholeheartedly agree with her.

Now is my chance to really get to know who Holten Harrison really is, I just hope I'm not too late, he admitted he still wanted me, but he may not ever trust me again or open up to me again, and with a heavy heart I realize that just may be true.

~

Chapter Five

Holten and the unknown man leave the office saying nothing to me, so I just sit behind my desk, and write a blog about the latest product we have trying to get out there and merge with another company to combine ethics. 

The whole entire morning and afternoon were filled with me signing paper after paper, file after file after file, and lastly I was able to go back to the blog at almost time for me to get off. 

Instead of printing the papers for him to read in a physical copy, I just put the whole blog into a document and send it to Holten via email. I cannot believe he's been my boss for four years without me knowing. 

My phone rings face down on my desk and I close my eyes slowly, briefly hoping it wasn't anybody that would get on my nerves with my already short fuse. I was tired, I wanted to go back home, crack open some wine and drink myself to sleep. 

I reach for my phone reading the message across my screen. 

From Helga; 

Do you want to go to a top-secret club I know? 

To Helga; 

No

From Helga;

Tough, you're going anyway and you're letting me dress you.

To Helga; 

Fine

From Helga; 

I know you're smiling bitch

To Helga; 

Maybe.

From Helga; 

Be ready to leave at 7 we have to be there early to be able to get a light stamp, light stampers are the first hundred people who enter inside, they get to access everywhere almost like a VIP.

I sigh, put away my phone, and look at the time on my laptop; 6:30. 

Well, she could have at least told me we would be leaving soon. 

I fold my laptop down, not bothering to shut it off and gather my things. 

"Pack up." I tell Samson who had been idly sleeping waiting for me.

Samson jerks upright, leaning around his body to grab his leash in his hands as I get up out of my office chair, gather my things in my arms and pack up Samson's toy along with his blanket. 

"Good boy." I say reaching into his bag to grab one of his treats, handing it to him and he takes it, chomping it down to nothing within seconds, his tail wagging like crazy. 

"Home and then out for a while." I say to him walking around thedor. 

Helga bursts through the door to my office, "I am so happy you agreed to come with me, it's an underground club, called Mystic Whisper-Hey Sammy." Helga coos from the doorway, keeping her distance from Samson.