Chapter 3

The father and daughter were having lunch together at the dining table. Jisoo was just playing around with the food as she lost her appetite to eat.

"Jisoo, where have you been all this time." Hajoon asked his daughter.

"Oh, nowhere. I was just walking around because I missed home so much." Jisoo replied simply.

"Jisoo, I want to speak to you about something very important." Hajoon said, his tone suddenly becoming serious.

"What happened appa you're scaring me?" Jisoo asked.

"Tonight, I'm having dinner with one of my business partners. And his son will be there too. His son actually started their business, but he runs it with his father. He has been able to grow his business very well in just five years, which is really impressive." Hajoon explained.

"But appa, why are you telling me all this suddenly? "she asked, confused.

"Well, you're coming with me too...to meet his son. I want you to marry him. " Hajoon stated hesitantly.

"What?!" Jisoo half yelled because of what she had just heard.

"I understand Jisoo, you might not be ready for marriage yet, but he's a great guy. I know he'll keep you happy. I know you've always wanted to start your own business, and he could guide you well. Listen, Jisoo, I'm not going to force you, but I want you to meet him at least. If you decide not to marry him after meeting him, that's fine. You can do that for your father, right? " he said.

She just nodded without saying anything.

__________________________________

On call

"What?!" Jennie shouted in disbelief.

"You're not marrying some random guy? " she said, worried.

"Of course I'm not marrying him. I'll just meet him and then refuse the proposal with an excuse." she said, making Jennie sigh in relief.

"So what are you going to do about Taehyung and his family?" Jennie asked her best friend.

"I don't know, Jennie, my life is such a mess right now. I can't understand what to do." she replied miserably.

"Taehyung had to endure so much. It makes me feel so guilty for not being with him during his difficult times."

"Don't blame yourself, Jisoo, it wasn't your fault." Jennie comforted her.

"Maybe I should have stayed. At least, he would've been with me now." Jisoo said.

"It's already happened. We can't change it now." Jennie said.

"Don't think too much. We'll find him no matter what."

"Thank you, Jennie. I'll hang up now. I've got to get ready as well." She said before hanging up.

She changed into a black dress and wore a few accessories. She put on light makeup and straightened her hair.
______________________________________________

Later, Jisoo and Hajoon arrived at the restaurant and were seated at their reserved table. After waiting for half an hour, there was still no sign of their guests.

"Appa, what's taking them so long?" Jisoo asked impatiently .

"Stop being so impatient, dear. They are probably stuck in traffic." he replied.

"Okay. Appa I need to use the washroom. I'll be back." Jisoo said before getting up from the table.

Meanwhile, Daesung and Taehyung had arrived at the restaurant for the meeting.