When The Sky Stops

Prapai was pacing up and down in the living room, Rain watching him with pity, as he waited for Payu to get off the video call with P'Pakin.

Because this was potentially tied to the races, and Payu as well as P'Pakin had problems with this guy in the past, P'Pakin was more than willing to provide as much information as possible toward them.

However, Payu was the only one that was allowed to be on the call.

Prapai felt like time was moving too quickly for him, where all the time he could be spending with Sky was being wasted by someone who was completely inadequate.

This disgusting, vile piece of human trash that dared to hurt Sky was now not only in Sky's nightmares, but had crossed over into the real world and now made his waking moments feel like a living hell.

"P'Pai..."

Prapai turned to Rain, distress plastered across his face.

"Sky doesn't like it when people pace. It distracts him."

Prapai looked down at his own feet, then turned and sat down on the couch, his knee bouncing despite his hand gripping it tightly.

Rain moved slightly over and took in a light breath.

"I should have made sure that Sky could get home safely. I knew his phone was dying when he left, but I didn't think it was that big of a problem."

Prapai shook his head.

"I should've just picked him up. I shouldn't have left him alone after I read those texts."

"...what texts?" Rain questioned, "What is this about, P'Pai?"

Prapai shook his head.

"None of your business, Rain."

"No, it is my business!" Rain retorted, "He's my best friend."

Prapai huffed. He stared down Rain for a moment, but the longer he looked at him, the more that he realized that Payu was right.

Rain wasn't one to back down when it came to something he cared about, and it was fairly obvious that Sky was one of those things.

"Your best friend is my boyfriend," Prapai stated clearly, "So don't think you have presidence over the information that I have."

Rain scowled and stood up, staring down at Prapai.

"Tell me what is going on, or so help me god, I will trash your bike right now."

Prapai and Rain stared at each other.

A beat of silence, then Prapai nodded.

"Touch my bike and you die."

Rain crossed his arms over his chest.

Prapai ran a hand through his hair, then began to speak slowly.

"Sky's ex has been...contacting him lately. Something that Sky owes him, something his ex did for him."

Rain blinked.

"I saw the texts earlier and I thought I would just deal with it slowly, but now..."

"His ex?" Rain questioned, picking at his lip.

"Some dipshit that I raced against before. The one that Payu raced before."

Rain's eyes went wide.

"That is Sky's ex??" he questioned, and Prapai nodded.

"I...he kidnapped me before! He beat up P'Payu before! How..."

Prapai raised his eyebrows.

"You're serious?"