Chapter 1

Slaughter. The knife sliced through the skin like it was butter.

Blood splattered over her clothes as her lips formed a smile.

The lamb in front of her changed into a little boy but her smile didn't falter.

She screamed in horror, but nothing came out of her lips as her body bent to get a closer look.

"Stop! Stop! Don't-," She yelled.

This was a dream- Nightmare! It had to be! She had to wake up!

Her eyes found her own in the mirror that appeared in front of her.

The smile on her face sickened her.

She fought her body to take control as the reflections smile widened.

The reflection pushed her hand into the human's flesh, blood coating her hands.

"Don't-," she cried, "wake up! Wake up!"

The reflection stared into her eyes as she licked the blood off her fingers, "no one can save you. This is your destiny," she reasoned softly before pushing a fork into the flesh and... She screamed in distress.

Scarlett shot up into a sitting position, sweat covering her face as she breathed erratically.

She groaned as she took in her shaking body. Sighing she placed her face into her hands as she tried to calm herself down. It's okay, you're okay, she repeated.

Inhale... exhale...

Inhale... exhale...

................................

"Today, we're being joined by the famous Snow family," the host announced to the camera.

"First up we have the famous Doctor couple... Hunter and Ruby Snow. As you all must already know, they have saved many lives over the course of their lives; before and after they'd earned their respected title. The snow family has been known as our own everyday heroes for generations now. Recently, they've built their hospital... oh, I just got word that they've even started their very own financial aid!"

"Julia," Ruby shook her head playfully, "we're not here to promote our hospital!"

"Of course," Julia giggled, "also joining us today are their children. The daughter every parent wants, the beauty and brains... Scarlett Snow," she winked at the camera before introducing the last member, "and finally, the sweet and adorable Nathaniel Snow..." she cooed as he waved at the camera before hiding behind Scarlett, "my apologies," she laughed, "extremely adorable Nathaniel Snow! He's currently in elementary school... do you like it, Nathaniel?"

"Yes ma'am," he glanced at her politely before leaning back into Scarlett who shook her head with a smile.

"He's still shy," she giggled while wrapping a protective arm around his body.

"And there we have it, folks," Julia grinned, "the high school sweethearts who not only proved love to be real but also showed that genius breeds genius! The Perfect Family!"

............................................................................ ...............................

The perfect family, hah!

"Are you watching the interview?" Ruby wondered, "how is it?"

How does she think it would be?

"We were there," Scarlett shrugged, "they didn't even need to edit anything."