Chapter 1: Trust

February 15th, 2021

The first day of examination began six days after Irene was brought into the BSAA. She was tired of being kept isolated in a room that barely looked lit or lived in. Chris promised if she could do well with her rehabilitation that she could get a job at the BSAA. She would have to behave. A bioengineering job was exactly what she needed after college. It was her dream job. That was until she went off on an adventure that turned out to be something more than she bargained for. In Eastern Europe down at that tiny village caused so many problems for Irene. She was isolated away enough from society, living with her now former mistress Alcina Dimitrescu. Who knows what happened to her by now. A knock came to the door a couple times before it opened, revealing Chris standing there with one of the doctors working at the facility.

"Hello Irene. We're just here to do a physical examination. This is my colleague Dr. James. She will be making sure your physical condition is well taken care of." He motioned toward the woman beside him who had black hair and dark eyes, a white coat with a name tag that read her name. Irene could only nod, not speaking a word unless she needed to. The door closed behind them and the doctor steps closer to her, careful to not set off Irene. She sat down in a chair pulled up and reached to check her eyes, "Don't worry I won't hurt you. We can get the smaller things out of the way first. Now are you feeling any pain at all? Headaches? Migraines? Stomach aches?"

Irene didn't know if she could talk or if she should just nod or shake her head. Maybe this lady wouldn't be like the men who knocked her unconscious back in the village area. "No ma'am..." She answered quietly, voice hoarse and barely audible. Chris stood nearby and close, making sure Irene wouldn't try to hurt the woman. He knew with the jacket binding her arms and the mouth covering she couldn't do anything. He still watched carefully. The doctor wrote down her notes, Irene trying to catch a glimpse of what she would write down.

"Are there any head injuries? Cuts or bruises? Any markings that indicated violence?" That was the second question the lady asked and Irene went silent. Should she tell her about the bite marks on her body? Chris watched Irene's eyes dart back and forth, seeing her think of an excuse. He knew those looks all too well with people he worked with in the past.

"No..."

"Irene..." Chris said as he took a few steps forward, his voice stern and concerning as to why she was covering up things they needed to know. "Tell her the truth. Do you have anything that indicated violence toward you?"

The red head stayed quiet and looked from Chris to the female doctor again. The truth very well may get out now than later. No lies. "I have three spots where I was bitten. My neck on the right side. My wrist on my left arm and the inside of my leg on my left thigh. Those are the only ones."

"I see...I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else you need to tell me about your time there in the village? Sexual abuse? Acts of force on you?" The doctor asked while writing more down on her notebook. Irene couldn't tell her anything about Alcina doing those things to her. That was something consensual between them. Nothing of force.  Or was Irene just imagining it being consensual so she wouldn't see it like that?

"No ma'am. There was not." She lied and felt her pulse throb in her ears and throat.

"Okay that's really all I need for now. This is only the first part of examination today. For now just relax and I will come back to get you when we need to ask more questions or come get you for the first physical." She told Irene and stood up from the chair, leaving out of the room. It went silent again. Chris walked over to lock the door and it made Irene curious as to why he needed to do that. She looked away from his gaze back to the window, him sitting down in the previously occupied chair.