a/n: not an update

okay, I know it's been a while since I've updated, but this isn't what this authors note is about, especially since one of my friends on here can no longer get on this app and they like kind of an inspiration to me.

this is about Kit Connor recently 'coming out', if that's what you could call it when he was pretty much forced to out himself because people said he was queerbaiting.

I'm really disappointed with the fandom rn, coming out is supposed to be an empowering and special and something you do on your own terms and when you're ready, Kit was clearly not ready to share his sexuality with the world, which is fine, you don't always need to know a celebrity's label, because it's their life.

and seeing so many fans rush to force a label on him, and saying he's straight, a queerbaiter, or just using it for views is honestly disappointing, considering what the literal show stands for.

the people who call themself 'Heartstopper fans' and turning around and yelling at Kit are completely missing the point of the show and comics, your sexuality doesn't define you, you should be able to say if you're queer or not, or don't even wanna discuss it without being harassed.

the same people doing this claim to love Charlie Spring, when he himself was outed at a very young age, and was forced to put up with questions he wasn't comfortable, when he didn't wanna disclose it in the first place, it's the exact same situation with Kit.

him being a young actor adds on to that, why does his sexuality matter? it's not anyone's business but his, and he doesn't owe anyone an explanation on it, he should just be enjoying life and not worrying about discussing things he doesn't want to.

I can't believe people watched Heartstopper, and still bullied Kit into coming out, and just ignoring the message of the show, it's really upsetting.

celebrities are real people, and don't owe you anything with their sexuality, it should be up to their own terms to come out, if they even want to.

and not everyone has a label, Kit himself said he's not a big label person and only felt like he needed to clarify he was bisexual because people were forcing him.

no one deserves to be pressured to do something they don't want to, or outed, and I know this is kind of a serious discussion but it must be said, the Heartstopper fandom has gotten more toxic, and I just hope the 'fans' that made Kit come out learn from this.

I'm just hoping Kit is okay, he didn't deserve this.