Pretend Family

~In the forest of Mt. Natagumo~

Rui: "Can you show us it?" 

Y/n points to a small sapling. Nezuko nods. 

Tanjiro: "Hinokami Dance Breathing?" 

y/n: "Yeah!"

Rui & Nezuko: "Mhmhm!" 

Rui sends threads onto the tree. 

Nezuko: Blood Demon Art... Exploding Blood! 

Nezuko uses her Blood Demon Art, setting Rui's spider threads on fire. 

Rui: "Ah...!" Tanjiro slashes through the flames and swings at the tree. Tanjiro cuts the tree sapling in half. 

Y/n & Rui: "Woah!" 

Tanjiro also falls to the ground. 

Tanjiro: "I'm not sure why I was able to unleash that attack with the kagura that's been in our family for generations." 

Tanjiro sits up, but his vision is blurry. 

Tanjiro: "Ngh..." Huh? I can't see Nezuko! Is it because I took way too many breaths? "Agh...!" 

Tanjiro clutches at his chest. 

Tanjiro: This ringing in my ears is brutal! My whole body is throbbing with pain! 

Tanjiro begins crawling forward. 

Tanjiro: I gotta... heal up fast! I'm still not done fighting! I gotta go save Inosuke! Right away! 

Tanjiro smells a strong stench. 

Tanjiro: "Ah!" The scent of blood just got stronger! 

Giyū comes up from behind and cuts the spider threads. 

Tanjiro: Somebody's here. Is it Zenitsu? 

Giyū: "You did a good job holding out until I got here. Leave the rest to me." 

Tanjiro: "Ahh...!" 

Rui: "You're like an endless stream of lowlifes always getting in my way! Blood Demon Art... Cutting Thread Rotation!" 

Rui sends an attack at Giyū. 

Giyū: "Total Concentration... Water Breathing... Eleventh Form. Dead Calm." 

Tanjiro: "Eleventh Form?!" 

Rui: "Who cares about your Eleventh Form?!" 

Rui's attack moves toward Giyū, but the attacks do nothing. 

Rui: "What?" What's going on? What did he do? The instant I got up in his face, the threads scattered. Not one of them reached him. The toughest threads of all got slashed? "That's impossible! One more time!" 

Rui holds out his hands for another attack. In an instant, Giyū goes to behead Rui. Y/n blocks his sword with her own. 

Y/n: Star Breathing. Third Form Betelgeuse! "Please don't kill Rui! Muzan manipulated Rui into doing this, he's not under Muzans control anymore! Please!" 

Y/n hugs Giyū's waist. 

Y/n: "Please..." 

Y/n pulls puppy eyes. 

Y/n: This is one of my favorite forms. It allows the user to influence anyone in the six minutes following the technique. 

Giyū: "Ngh..."