Rock Bottom

The last few days have been rather quiet and everyone at base was enjoying it. Arcee went on drives a lot more than usual and Xavier wanted to confess to Jack that day. That was until Bulkhead, Arcee and Xavier went to find an energon signal. Jack and Miko tagged along because it was recon and Xavier had a bad feeling, he remembered what happened in the cave but, didn't want Jack to go through the trauma he does in the show. So, he'll keep him close to him, he'll stay with Arcee and follow Jack. After a little while Xavier waited with the two kids as Bulkhead and Arcee went to look for the energon signal. When they came back out they explained that it was stripped clean. "Decepticons never leave energon behind.." Explained Arcee, 'Unless you're Starscream..' Thought Xavier, as Miko ran in Bulkhead ran in after her. "You know, it would be cool to take a look.." Said Jack. Arcee only looked at him, "Stripped mines are extremely unstable." She explained, "I promise to step lightly." There was a pause as Arcee thought about it. "Just- just.. don't tell your mom." When they went inside Xavier followed them as Arcee started talking about something. Xavier zoned out as he was looking at the walls and was wondering why they were glowing a small tint of blue. He then realized Arcee and Jack couldn't see it and kept it to himself. As they neared a clearing they could hear two voices and were spotted by Megatron and Starscream. They had to run as the bucket head shot at the arch above them, as it collapsed the whole mine Xavier quickly held onto Jack as he shifted into his Reptocon form to keep him safe. As Xavier sat up he moved rocks away from them as he opened his palm. You okay?" Jack nodded as he held onto Xaviers cold metal fi gers before lettkng go. Xavier followed Jack, Arcee was split up from them, who knows where she went. Xavier then had to roll above Jack to keep him safe from all of the huge rocks Xavier was almost knocked out cold by it. Once Xavier thought it was over he carefully got up and almost hit his head. He then had to sit down as to not mess with the ceiling all to much.

"What happened..?" Asked Jack, Xavier looked at him "The mine collapsed, Megatron and Statscream are in here, too. So, be careful okay?" Jack nodded as to not use to much oxygen he used small, shallow breaths. Xavier then tried to com base 'Base to Xavier, We need a Groundbridge.' There was only static 'Base, can you hear me?' Again, nothing "Zrap.." Jack looked at him. "Is that your way of saying 'scrap'?" Xavier looked at him and nodded a bit. "My grammar was somewhat altered in my transformation.. in which-" Xavier stopped talking as a drill could be heard. "It's Arcee!" Yelled Jack. "No, it's Starscream, wanting to retrieve Megatron so that way he can get the fame of helping his ruler. It always ends up in him getting the zrap beat out of him." Jack snickered and sat back down near Xaviers leg, that's when Xavier realized he could do it. Right then and there, but he second guessed. 'Would it be awkward? What if he said no and we had to sit here for a couple more hours?' As Xavier was in his head Jack was staring at him. He felt bad for him, having to be here and think of a plan to somehow get them out. Jack then tapped Xavier foot, "Yeah?" Jack sat there for a second more. "Can.. can you, pick me up?" Xavier smiled and nodded as he put his servo down for the him. Once Jack was on he raised his hand and sat there, for a couple minutes more. Once Xavier had the courage to confess he wemt for it "Jac-" They then heard the sound of the drill again. Only, a lot closer as Jack looked at the walls and frowned "I wonder if the others are alright.." Xavier smiled. "They are.. I bet you Arcee and Bulkhead are trying to find us right now.." Jack smiled slightly and nodded.

A couple hours later Jack was getting tired and started drifting off to sleep. "Jack, open your eyes. Don't fall asleep." Jack nodded and tried his best to stay awake, as he was about to pass out again boulders started to be kicked? Or perhaps punched. A couple minutes later Arcee could be seen as the light from outside blinded the two. As they made their way out they saw the mine was completely destroyed. "So, do we finish them off?" Asked Jack "No, Optimus wouldn't.. not like this." As they commed for base Xavier was still holding Jack not wanting to put him down. He waited a little bit and put the kid down, as he formed into his human self again he looked Jack in the eyes and sighed. "Jack.. I want to say something." He then looked away as his face must have been a deep red. "What is it?" "Well-" Xavier then kissed Jack on the cheek and ran through the bridge leaving a stunned Jack on the other side. Jack smiled and ran through also and hugged Xavier, he then whispered in Xaviers ear "What, was.. that about?" He asked looking like a tomato "That, my friend was love." Xavier then hugged him as tight as he could. A new and better life was coming for the two, but the war is far from over..