How to Train Your Dragons fic

☼︎Zɪᴇʟʟᴇ☼︎

"Tʜɪs ɪs ᴀ ғɪᴄ ɪ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴡᴀs 11, ʙᴀsᴇᴅ ᴏғғ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴠɪᴅᴇᴏ ɢᴀᴍᴇ. Iᴛ's ɪɴᴄʀᴇᴅɪʙʟʏ ᴄʀɪɴɢʏ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢɪᴢᴇ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴄʀɪɴɢᴇ ɪs ʜɪʟᴀʀɪᴏᴜs. Aʟsᴏ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ʜᴏᴡ 11 ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴡʀᴏᴛᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋs ʟᴏʟ."

"A ʜɪʟᴀʀɪᴏᴜs ʜᴇᴀᴅs ᴜᴘ, I ᴡʀᴏᴛᴇ ᴛʜɪs ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ sᴄᴏᴛᴛɪsʜ ᴀᴄᴄᴇɴᴛ ʟᴍᴀᴏ."

. . .

I open my eyes weakly, everything's a blur. I wince, my arm is throbbing.
Last thing I remember I was running. Why was I running...Oh, yes! I was running from something... wh... something really fast, but then... then I trip and the thing... it got me...

Wait, am I dead? No, I-I'm not dead, I don't think you feel pain when you're dead... wait... um... I-I think I was... s-stung?
Wait... what was that.
"Uh... h-hello?"

Something's in those bushes... but I-I can't m-move? Wait... yes! I can move my fingers and- and my arms!

I sit up and I feel stiff as a statu... oh my... whaaa?
My legs were like stone, they were gray and I could barely feel 'em.
What is going on...
A squeaky yelp escapes my throat.
I saw... eyes, big red eyes...
It- it knows I'm here! Wait... there's MORE! More red eyes escape the darkness. A sound like a motorcycle("ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴍᴏᴛᴏʀᴄʏᴄʟᴇs ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴇxɪsᴛ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇɴ.")... but that wasn't it...
It was all the creatures growling and snapping, waiting for their leader's signal so they could tear me apart.

The tallest figure(probably their leader) looks off to the side, making one of its eyes disappear from sight.
It snaps and I panic... but instead of 'em launching at my face and disasemblieng me, some of 'em run of into the forest surounding. The creatures in the forest call to their leader, it snorts again and more and more creatures zip away, leaving me alone in the forest clearing.

It's silent, I lay back down, close my eyes and sigh. It's over. Just as I open my eyes, a black blur flys over the clearing. I choke out a gasp and lay completely still. The black shape flys back over and circles the clearing.
I back away slowly, slinding in the dirt. My back hits a rock. There's no escape.

The black shape lands in the dirt, it's angry green eyes piercing my soul. I look atop the monster to see a... a... human?
At least... I think so. The human was wearing dragon scales and had a fake leg. The human pet the monster on the head, detached the fake leg and climbed down.

The monster's face softened and the slim pupils in it's angry eyes grew wide and playful, then it... purred?
The human takes it's helmet of its head to reveal his brown, half-braided, crazy hair, and his deep brown eyes and a scar on his chin.

He walks over slowly and probably notices the panic written all over my face 'cause he says softly,
"Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm gonna help. K?"
He walks closer and kneels down next to me.
"Hmm, speed stingers. How 'bout I take you to Gothi and she can fix you up?" He asks.

I nod then as he helps me to stand up I ask.
"W-wait... we're r-riding the-the d-d-dragon?"

"What's wro- oh! Oh... um, no, he's... uh... he's like so gentle and... um... man... um, whew, hmm, oh... um... here, co- come here."
He walks me over to the dragon and gently takes my hand and places 8t on the dragon's bridge.
"See. It-it's okay. Your lucky I found before anyone else, 'cause uh, toothless is one of the calmest, so, uh, here I'll help you up."